on 12 March 2017
My GP was dismissive about my quite acute sudden onset neck pain. I was dismissed with some poorly reproduced minimal and indistinct photocopied sheets and told to look on the net, which proved useless. A physiotherapist friend recommended this book which, although unable to effect a cure, did clarify the background to the condition and gave me a constructive program to control the symptoms. I feel it is an absolute must for any neck sufferer frustrated by any proper guidance from normal sources as to how to manage their condition.
7 people found this helpful
on 12 March 2017
I followed the excersize book plan for a couple of weeks without improving and then I visited a McKenzie trained physiotherapist. I wasn't doing the chin tuck excersize properly. I was only off by a little bit but what a positive difference it made once I started doing it the right way. Another thing he told me was they look for one specific excersize that makes a difference and they focus on it. The book doesn't tell you this. From my experience I'd suggest seeing a McKenzie trained therapist before buying the book.
6 people found this helpful
on 18 January 2017
This is a book that anyone who has had/has a neck problem should buy. The exercises are so simple and they work! I have been visiting Chiropractors and physio's for donkeys years and spending a fortune to have my neck manipulated as it regularly got 'locked' and uncomfortable, I was contemplating going again until I bought this book, the effect of the exercises which can be done anywhere has been amazing! I am going to buy the back book as well to ward off problems, cant recommend it highly enough.
on 2 April 2016
This is a remarkable book which tells you just about everything that you need for straightforward 'do it yourself' treatments for neck-ache. I bought the book on 1st March 2016 and have performed the treatments described almost every day since then. (As I write this review on 2nd April, I am continuing with the exercises.) Before I started, my neck was extremely painful and made some awful crunching sounds. Since then, the crunching has steadily reduced and now I can only slightly hear it. And the pain has reduced considerably. I shall certainly continue with daily treatments as time permits in the hope that soon the remaining pain and crunching both go away. I shall keep hold of the book in case I need it again to help me deal with any repeats of the neck-pain.
on 5 March 2017
i followed this religiously , and the pain in my neck disappeared within a month. will keep up the exercises to keep me from getting the pain again
3 people found this helpful
on 5 March 2016
This book was recommended to me by my doctor and before starting any exercises I read it from cover to cover as I had been suffering for a number of weeks from a very painful neck. Then I started on the exercises. Sadly I found that they were much too extreme and caused more pain than relief. I ended up by having a session with a physiotherapist. I showed her the book and she said that while Robin McKenzie's method clearly did work with some, for others it was better to start with much more gentle exercise. Perhaps it is aimed at a younger age range.
on 6 January 2014
This is not a massive book but it gives nice clear instructions and it has simple photos showing the correct exercises to do to reduce neck pain and it's working for me so far. I have chronic neck and upper back pain relating to my posture which I've found impossible to shift.

There are also photos showing the best ways to sit at your desk, drive and sleep etc to reduce neck pain and after looking at them it has helped me correct my posture. At last I feel know what I'm supposed to be doing.

I would recommend.
on 3 November 2017
Pretty standard book, has no special insight and just has the help you find on flyer from doctor or hospital. A sort of information sheet in big print to fill the book.
One person found this helpful
on 18 January 2015
This has to be the single, most useful and important book that I've ever bought. It does exactly what it says in the title and was used in conjunction with physiotherapy (my physiotherapist recommended I buy this book). My pain (neck, shoulder and numbness down to and including my thumb) was resolved within a month using the techniques described and illustrated in this book.
3 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2017
This book has been a God send and the exercises work. I had 3 years of physio, acupuncture and chiropractor which only gave temporary relief for a permanent whiplash injury. Without the McKenzie exercises every day I would be crippled with pain. Thank you so much and thank you that your book is available online.