VINE VOICEon 13 December 2014
With hand on my heart I can say that the instructions given in this small booklet work - and rapidly so too. It is printed in clear tones and is not in any way confusing to read. The author has exemplary credentials in this field of health - he has even been recognised by Her Majesty the Queen of England. This is one of three books which I have purchased via Amazon that is going to stay by my chair - it is not going to be put in the bookshelf - to be forgotten alongside many other self-help books which did nothing for me.
on 30 April 2015
Sound advice, worthwhile book. I have no doubt that many, many people have benefited from this book. However - the biggest difference to my neck / shoulder pain and stiffness, even after good physiotherapy, came about soon after I stopped taking calcium supplements (big no-no), and exchanged years of wearing badly-designed bras for wearing the comfort bras sold by Asda!!! We live and learn.
on 8 September 2012
I had never attempted doing exercises for my neck as worried I may do some more damage and sent for this book. It is very well laid out and instructions are easy to follow with photographs.I reccomend reading it all before starting.I have found an improvement in my condition it really works if done daily, but have a break if its sore. Do not overdo it and you will be okay.My necks shot at c5 c6 c7 and brobasilar dissection so I was very wary and do not let physios anywere near my neck. This way I can control whats best for me.I would reccomend this to anyone you have nothing to lose and loads to gain for a cheap price.
on 18 January 2015
This has to be the single, most useful and important book that I've ever bought. It does exactly what it says in the title and was used in conjunction with physiotherapy (my physiotherapist recommended I buy this book). My pain (neck, shoulder and numbness down to and including my thumb) was resolved within a month using the techniques described and illustrated in this book.
on 1 February 2014
The method and exercises in this book really work. I first read it many years ago and cured my severe neck pain brought on by incorrect posture and long hours at the keyboard. My original copy was passed on to a friend in need long ago so when, recently my daughter had very severe pain across her upper back, neck and shoulders and chiropractic, massage and pain killers were not working, I sent her a copy. I nagged at her until she started the exercises recommended for when pain is severe. Two days later she texted me -" It's Magic, it really works. Thank You!" This after months of pain.
on 28 February 2015
Unable to enact all the exercise suggestions shown but some 'common sense' suggestions (not always recognised as 'common sense', I'm afraid} have helped enormously....for stiff neck and lower back problems. The companion book, 'Treat Your Own Back', is very useful when used in conjunction with this. Good books!!
on 10 February 2017
Very interesting to read, and the exercises are already helping! You do need to read the first part of the book first before starting on the exercises.
on 2 July 2013
Years ago, after back surgery, I had a lot of pain and my physical therapist told me to get McKenzie's book on treating my own back pain. I did it and the exercises in the book were great. Most of the exercises were the same the PT gave me, but I was able to follow the directions and directions in the book without any more need for the therapist.

Fast forward to recently when I hurt my neck. When it didn't clear with ice/heat in a few days, I went in search of a McKenzie book to help my neck.... and lucky for me it exists. Follow it religiously,my neck pain was gone within just a few days.

If the book tells you to see a doctor, do it, but if you are like me and it is just a muscle problem, the neck exercises in the book should do the trick.

Thank you Robin McKenzie!!!!
on 15 February 2018
Great little book, even though I'm still only on the first exercise
on 11 September 2013
I bought this book on the recommendation of my GP, I had visited him with a neck problem on two occasions and on the second trip he told me about the book, its informative and gives you an alternative way to deal with neck problems. Would certainly recommend to others with the same type of problem