I have written JavaScript for the last 10 years and found it to be a very useful language although a little simple with tons and tons of typing (or copy/pasting) to achieve anything.

When jQuery first appeared I was immediately interested but did not have the time to dig deeper. Having just finished a three year project I decided that I needed to get to know jQuery.

It is like someone at JS listened to me banging on about JavaScript and built something better so now all I needed was a manual. By downloading EVERY jQuery sample and reading every one I came to this book. I read it from cover to cover the moment it downloaded and started practicing the techniques right away. I have surfaced for a few hours only before plunging in again and felt I must say `Cheers Bud` to the author for this excellent tome (are they still tomes if they are electronic?). I do not think this book would be perfect for someone who does not know JavaScript but for me it is an `Ile Flottane` of loveliness.

OK, waffle over, got to get back to it.
on 30 July 2017
Require you to have some knowledge of JavaScript. One of the best technical books out there.
on 7 April 2010
I looked at some jQuery books before for the little-bit of web development I do and I got the idea that they were addressing the dumb. No real substance, not very practical. With hesitation I purchased this book, but how different. It builds from simple very quickly to some real life examples that are usable and trigger the desire to expiriment and personalize.
In all I can only say that I enjoyed this book. Well written, good examples, working and very useful.
Modern webdesign has come a lot closer to me and it was easy to digest.
on 11 April 2010
until I got this book, I had no idea, how powerfull Jquery was.

The book's explanations are well defined and clear,
with just enough humor to make this a must have book.

The authors have worked well together.

they take you through a gentle introduction, which is absolutely necessary, to some quite advanced stuff at the end.
on 7 September 2017
Great Book
on 8 November 2015
A useful quick intro for me - to bring me up to speed with latest technology and styles
on 19 April 2013
Excellent and easy to understand jquery book. I am already familiar with the jquery api, but just wanted a good overview of plugins, which this book covers. Nice examples, all well laid out. Great book.
on 25 April 2013
No problems, excellent, bought it for my mother, she is happy.
No problems, excellent, bought it for my mother, she is happy.
on 11 August 2017
Started me on a new path for web application design, very useful and well presented in a logical manner.
on 20 October 2014
good product. good price.