Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Discover more Shop now

on 16 April 2015
Having read book one I was very keen to download the second one. The adventures, stamina, true grit Jason and his travelling companions have is utterly remarkable. It puts the majority of us to shame. I am determined to make more of the time I have left on this planet and may they string into many long years.

As the book went on I became more aware of the amount of different subjects and abilities he had to learn and become professional at. I feel this is a book that every one should read. It. It may help the world become a far fitter and less consumer minded planet.

Thank you Jason and all those hard workers behind the scenes who supported such efforts.
on 29 April 2014
Really looking forward to reading the third in the series of the first human powered navigation of the planet. Hard to get my head around the courage and fortitude that the first two books had. Sailing a pedal powered boat across the Atlantic and Pacific not to mention riding a 3 speed cycle and inline skates across the USA. There will be Kayaks and crocodiles to come. Makes us mere mortals look very small. Jason and friends had the guts to make the journey,I can only admire from the comfort of an armchair.
Total "respect" as they say. Also looking forward to seeing the finished film.
on 28 February 2014
Taking up immediately where Dark Waters left off, The Seed Buried Deep continues in the same ex-military tone and style. Lewis remains as determined to complete the expedition as ever, despite numerous obstacles that would deter lesser men, and his descriptive recollections of incidents and conversations ensure a sharp, page-turning focus.

With no requirement to focus on the pre-expedition administration, The Seed Buried Deep seems much shorter than the first installment. Nevertheless, the life-endangering encounters and logistical disruptions which all directly impact the chances of success, all serve to make this installment as equally compelling as Dark Waters.
on 3 September 2014
An interesting book, I love the idea of crossing the Pacific in what is essentially a pedalo! I didn't really enjoy the stuff dedicated to the author finding himself so to speak but a great read none the less, I'm now looking forward to completing the trilogy.
on 16 January 2014
The Seeds Buried Deep picks up where Dark Waters (book 1) left off, with a seriously injured Jason's body and dreams in tatters. The determination and drive he shows during his painful recovery to once again continue with his seemingly impossible dream of circumnavigating the globe under his own power is nothing short of inspirational.
Written with honesty, humour and and a very human heart the book has you willing him along, mile after mile, page after page.
A fantastic life affirming book, read it and be inspired.
I can not wait for book three!
on 2 April 2014
I have incredible amounts of respect for Jason and his crew, having read the first part of the trilogy I was hooked and loved every page but unfortunately this book doesn't cut it quite the same. It must have been very hard to write such a long story in only 3 books, and when the release date was missed I was expecting something even more awesome than the first. This won't stop me buying his 3rd part of the trilogy when it is released however and despite rating only 3 stars I encourage others to buy this book even if it to appreciate what Jason did for the cause for educating for sustainable developments for humanity.
on 13 April 2014
Having read part one of 'The Expedition' I couldn't wait to get my hands, and more to the point, my eyes on part two. It was well worth the wait. Allow yourself plenty of time, for when you start to read it you will not want to put it down. My admiration for the courage and sheer guts along with an exceptional writing talent of Jason Lewis increases 'by the book'. Part two cannot be released quick enough for me.
on 16 June 2014
LORD knows how Jason manages to make miles and miles of his journey condense down to hold your interest, but he does! Roll on the final instalment- looking forward to glimpses of more places I've never heard of!
on 1 March 2014
After receiving Dark Waters - Book 1 for Christmas and reading that in January, I was going to ask for The Seed Buried Deep - Book 3 for my birthday. However, I couldn't wait that long and bought book 2 and was not disappointed. A fantastic journey, which will transport you to places you'll very likely never visit. Honestly written, thought provoking and entertaining, I can't recommend Jason's books highly enough. A few pounds you won't regret spending!
on 17 March 2014
I honestly can not think of a travel book I have been more thrilled, humbled and generally astounded by; nor a real life adventure I have been more in an awe of. A phenomenal achievement recounted in enviably brilliant style. Roll on Part 3.....