on 11 September 2016
A wonderful book. The flush is easy to understand and follow and reasons for it are clearly explained. So glad I found it, as there are so many flush regimes out there on the Internet. This book gives so much information around the reasons for it, when it should and shouldn't be performed and contraindications.
on 31 October 2017
Prefer the Hulda Clarke method. Not attending to parasites first can turn such a cleanse into an unpleasant and traumatic event.
on 5 November 2017
This book covers all you need to know about the gall bladder flush and more, really worth reading if you have gut trouble of any kind.
on 4 June 2017
Have followed the advice on this book and have worked for us.
on 29 September 2017
This is a must read for everyone who wants a healthy body
on 5 May 2017
Great men,great book and works!
on 25 June 2017
This book is too complex
on 2 March 2017
brilliant book R.I.P Andreas
on 29 February 2012
I have suffered with Gall bladder problems for a few years now and thought I'd look online for a few tips on how I might improve my condition in the hope that I could avoid having it removed. I subsequently bought this book and it has been one of the most valuable purchases, from a health perspective, I have ever made.

The book gives a thorough step-by-step guide to how to perform the Liver & Gall bladder flush, but more than this, it helps you to understand the route cause of your condition and offers many practical ways in which you can avoid suffering from ill health again in the future.

I have so far performed one flush, with very productive results, and have also started to implement quite a few changes to my diet. These changes have actually been liberating rather than restrictive and I am feeling better than I have done in quite a few years already. I shall be performing another flush again in a few weeks, and am actually really looking forward to it.

There are some elements of this book that are a little too 'Tree Hugger' for me, and I am an open minded kind of guy, but even if you just buy this book for the practical advice it is a worthwhile purchase.

Happy Flushing :)

30/12/12. I am now preparing for my 10th flush and have performed one every month since I wrote my original review. All I can say is that it is worth the effort. Stick with it until your flushes are clear of hardened bile stones (pea like dark green waxy deposits). I actually look forward to my monthly flush now, not because it is pleasant, but because with each successful flush my digestion improves. I have also taken the advise of the book and cut out cows milk from my diet as well as all red meat as both of these are very hard to digest. Best of luck to all my fellow flushers.
22 Comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2014
Had my first gallstone attack when I was thirty and I was six months pregnant. Thought I was giving birth to an alien, I was going to be ripped apart. I was told that I would probably need to have my gall bladder removed at some point. Went home and threw the frying pan in the bin and changed my diet. I've had a number of minor attacks since then but held onto my gallbladder for another twenty five years. In the meantime, my daughter had her's removed after much suffering. At my age I am a prime target for gallstones (five F's). I had been feeling discomfort down my right side for some years but nothing I could pinpoint. Then I came across this book.
I read it cover to cover and it made sense to me so I decided to have a go. I now have six flushes behind me (if you'll pardon the pun). The soap production theory falls down on the fact that second and subsequent flushes produce an entirely different quality of effluent. Yes, the first flush appeared to be "soapy" but after that there were only "stones". No more bubbles or "chaff". I was surprised and even disappointed by how few stones there were but I put that down to the careful eating over the years. The book advised doing a kidney cleanse first but I didn't and suffered some sharp pain in the lower left side a couple of days after the first flush. The pain lasted only minutes and did not recur. Also, I had a funky taste in my mouth for a couple of days after the first flush. The flush itself was painless but Epsom Salts is very unpalatable. I have struggled to down the recommended amount in subsequent flushes. Second, third and fourth flushes produced diminishing numbers of pale and dark green stones. Had to put off the next flush for an extra month and that produced double the number of stones (12) of the previous one, all dark green. That suggests to me that they were old ones that had travelled from deep in my liver. Likewise the next flush.
I felt wonderful after the first flush. The pain in my right side had disappeared and my energy levels improved. My general health improved, too. But I have to admit I have been very naughty since the last flush six months ago, indulging far too much in the food types I had avoided for so long (butter, cheese, cream). My cholesterol levels have not been bad but not good either. Clearly, flushing does not replace careful eating. So I will continue flushing and go back to watching what I eat. It works for me.
I would advise anyone contemplating a flush to read the book carefully and think long and hard about it before attempting. It is not for the faint-hearted.
It is not painful but it can be little unpleasant. (I found the the medication provided by the hospital some years ago, pre-barium enema, a lot more violent and unpleasant.)
A spoon lick of honey or jam will help dissipate the Epsom Salts after-taste.
Make sure you have unimpeded access to the bathroom for a day or two. Rushing for the bathroom in the early hours is an experience.
Sore rear end is to be expected, warm soak in the bath helps.
Take the time to do the kidney cleanse first.
Take the time to rest up after the flush.
Drink plenty of water afterward, you'll need it.
Finally, the freedom from pain makes it more than worthwhile. BONUS - everything tastes better.

Addressing the comments on the amount of Magnesium Sulphate(Epsom Salts) ingested -
1. The body does not readily absorb Magnesium through the gut. Epsom Salts goes straight through "like a dose of salts"
2. Magnesium is a trace element involved in over 300 biochemical reactions in the body. It is vitally important for a health heart.
3. Agricultural soil has become severely depleted of magnesium which in turn has caused our food to have little or no magnesium.

I recommend "The Magnesium Miracle" by Carolyn Dean.

I can recall my parent's and grandparent's medicine cabinets always contained Andrew's Liver Salts, Milk of Magnesia and Epsom Salts. They weren't there for decoration. My parents and grandparents never suffered with gallstones.