on 11 December 2016
This book literally changed my view of money. Very informative. What an eye opener
on 2 April 2017
This is not a gimmick as the title would suggest, but a simple yet practical view on how people are successful in the business world.
on 16 December 2016
Great book!
on 6 November 2012
If you have any entrepreneurial bone in your body, then you cannot pass-up this book. Unlike conventional guru-type self-help authors, there is a strong level of in-your-face honesty that almost cries out as a warning to those who have started a business for all the wrong reasons.

MJ Demarco doesn't want you to fail. He spells out the reasons why, by dividing the haves and the have-nots into easy to read sections and catchy categories that stick. Sidewalk, Slowlane, Fastlane are brilliant terms, especially as he has a "fast car" theme running throughout the book.

He balances his critique by giving you insightful commentary and formula as to what works businesses work in the Fastlane and why. His language is direct - like that of a football coach or a drill sergeant - and never gets into jargon nor does he keep you in ambiguous suspense with vague 'feel good' concepts like 'visualise your goals' or 'turn your passion into income'. He is dead against it, and for those entrepreneurs still trying to achieve success, I think this is a breath of fresh air.

Quite frankly, over a weekend, his formula even changed my own business plan for one of my projects as I realised by applying his methodology that I was locking myself into the Slowlane. For that, the price of this book (Kindle Edition) has literally just paid for itself.

And for those thinking it's an up-sell... there was nothing at the end of this book. No video or extra lesson. Sure there is the forum, but it's free (which I've joined). I have 2 business plans in place that I've redesigned to be Fastlane compliant.

Demarco is the new Branson.
Millionaire Fastlane is the most vital business/entrepreneur book for 2012 and beyond.
22 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2013
I first read this book in 2011 and I've recently read it again.

While "gimmicks" are usually manufactured, the segmented and grouped "laws" DeMarco describes, and even the chess analogy fit perfectly.

When I read what he says, I see what my competitors are doing and how other people (and myself) are already doing these things that I had not noticed or fully understood before.

I think the most important lesson is about the Law Of Effection.

I've been in business for 3 years and this book has plenty to offer, it forces you to take notes of what to apply to your own business as you progress through the book.

I've read 100+ business books and this is quite honestly the best business guide for anyone wanting to start, or has recently started a business.
on 10 April 2016
The Millionaire Fastlane is your no BS framework to set up a business that thrives.

Forget all the weak advice about doing what you love, about just getting started without a plan. Instead follow a proven framework.

It's not for everyone, there's some hard truth in there that will hurt. But if you can to take it, this book will set you apart from most people who want to start a business.

I read The Millionaire Fastlane a year ago and it has been my reference that has guided me on my entrepreneurial journey.

It taught me to always provide value to the world, focus on scalable opportunities and that time is your only limited resource. It completely reframed my relationship to money and time.

Great book, that I fully recommend to anyone who want to embark on the fastlane.
on 1 May 2016
I didn't learn anything practical, just an another wise man talking book. Should be classed as motivational book.
on 3 March 2014
Wealth does not buy happiness but it buys freedoms, freedom allows and gives you the time, to do all the things that will make you happy. Its the small things like not waking upto to an alarm clock, spending time on your body and relationships with family and friends whilst making a contribution to the world in a meaningful way, these are some of the things you are free to focus on fully when you get the money side handled, and not just handled but on automation.

The positives is the author has his own brash style of writing and has a lot of motivational quotes in there from public speakers such as Zig Ziglar, he talks and goes more into the psychology than any particular method and distinguishes different type of personalities into different categories he talks about important of process as opposed to result. I enjoyed the 1st part of the book, the author was quite raw, sometimes in a funny way.

The negatives in the first part is he says he goes against the 4 hour work week a book written by Timothy Ferris which is one of my all time favourite books, MJ the author claims the 4hww is all about a list of website addresses and how to outsource life to India which is completely wrong, I can fairly say from this statement the author has not even read the 4hww but just attacking a bestseller to get some publicity.

He also talks about all the flawed ways of ppl becoming eventually becoming rich for example like saving loose change, budgeting and saving 10% of all they earn advice from the Richest man in Babylon which he says is a flawed outdated system, but then near the end of the book he contradicts himself and says to do ALL these things which loses so much credibility as an author in my opinion, near the end you know its a rehash of so much thats already out there which is ok but don't criticize it, and then give the exact same advice.

Average to good read because of authors personality but in my opinion but it does not even come close to the legendary 4 hour work week by Tim Ferris when it comes to creating automated passive income and ultimately becoming free, as well as other good books such as richest man in babylon
on 16 September 2012
Well I'm in 2 minds about this book...

On the 1 hand it's good info although light on content it's big on why to get "into the fastlane" so it's a good book to inspire you into action

BUT

and it's a big but for me, if you've read Rich Dad Poor Dad you've got 95% of what's in this book.

So I dunno, I read it in an afternoon, not because I thought it was a page turner but because it's so light on content you can easily skim this.

I was left with the feeling that the purpose of this book is to drive traffic to his seminars and products... nothing wrong with that and in fact that's the fastlane!

Just know what you're buying though.

Neil
on 6 October 2012
I was recommended this book (can't remember who by), and was told you need to get past the first 70 or so pages to find the real diamonds in it. That is absolutely true, the beginning waffles on -don't let that put you off, but once past it, you get some real actionable stuff that will really help you if you are in business for yourself or are looking to get weathly by starting your own business (if the latter, then you will get invaluable advice on what type of business to choose)

I read a lot of business/personal development books, and I consider it a successful purchase if I learn one thing that makes me money. This book has got a ton of ideas that I plan to action, that will make a lot of money and save from mistakes.

Don't be put off by the cheesey title or odd negative review, if you don't see the value in this book after reading it then you are definitely a "slow laner". I would add it's more for entrepreneurs than Harvard MBA managers etc, so if you consider yourself an entrepreneur, a money maker, etc then this is a must.

By the way, I rarely write reviews because very little inspires me to, these days, so the fact I've bothered to in this case is endoresement enough!