on 17 May 2011
a very honest and at times sad insight into the ups and downs of being a child star. jay loved performing with his brothers but as a teenager wanted to hang out with friends and have a normal life~this caused personal conflict for himself and for his brothers as a collective. the family faced financial ruin but managed to overcome this huge problem. they met many wonderful entertaining people and made lifelong friends. jay talks about all the fun things that happened on tour. he also talks about how his faith has sustained him throughout his life and how it has kept him strong. i really enjoyed this book ~i read it twice~and will read again inthe future. thanks jay~ i fell in love all over again :)
on 8 October 2011
I have read a number of Osmond autobiographies (Donny, Marie, Merrill,and also Virl's book about Mother Osmond)and enjoyed them all. Stages, is a great read. It really shows what difficulties a person can have when he is not allowed his own identity. Jay took a break from singing and lived and worked as a regular person. A superb drummer, recognised by some of the best. He also talks about the great relationship he has with his brothers and sister. Well worth buying. I will keep mine to read again one day. Got Wayne's to read next.
on 11 May 2012
I bought this Autobiography as a gift for my partner as she is a devoted fan of the Osmond Brothers.
Having read Donny's book this one by Jay once again tells the real story of the good and bad parts of being a child star in the music business. Jay gives a full account of what it was like growing up in a large family and the strict regeme they endured as kids to perfect their art. It tells of life on the road and also how their strong Mormon faith has carried them through to still remain the most successful boy band in the world. Great buy.
on 26 March 2012
In this book Jay proves what a wonderful person he is. It's funny, sad, witty, very well written, a great insight into an awesome dude :-)
on 29 January 2013
If you are an Osmond fan, and particularly a fan of Jay, you will love this book. It gives an insight into his life and thoughts on the various 'Stages' of his life, with thoughts from family and friends too. I love this book, but then, I've loved Jay for most of my life!!
on 1 June 2012
This book is such a good read. I, like I'm sure many ladies of a certain age who jumped on the Osmond bandwagon in the 70's (and never got off!), thought I knew all there was to know about them, but this book has shown me that there is so much more. This has given me such a lovely insight into the 'Osmond World' with stories not just about Jay but the entire family. I have laughed (out loud at times), cried and it has at times given me a great feeling of contentment. It is an easy read and I especially like the way it has been set out - you're never really quite sure what's coming next but always pleasantly surprised and never disappointed - I know I will read it many more times. I would recommend this book to anyone - Osmond Fan or not.
on 21 January 2013
I read this book in less than a day. I just couldn't put it down. It made me laugh and made me cry in places too. I've got a new found respect for Jay after reading this book. I'd give a five star rating for enjoyment and I've learnt a lot about my heroes from the 70s too.
on 31 December 2013
Stages, the life of the osmonds, well called stages as it gives you the ups and downs of all the osmond family, well written by jay, as he covers every aspect of being a member of the most famous family in the world, how they were brought up by their parents(George and Olive), and how they went to work in the world of show buisness, over 50 years ago and are still performing to this day, their music will live on and on for time and all eternity.Jay covers his life and all those around him the good and the bad, is all here, to read, so if you want to read about the OSMONDS, then buy this book you will not be dissapointed.
on 8 February 2013
Jay comes across as a thoroughly decent human being, a real family man.
He has led an interesting life up to know, hopefully much more to come.
on 21 August 2014
This book is an excellent book to learn more about The Osmonds.
Since reading this book I've gain a grater understanding of The Osmonds.
I highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone.