Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 June 2013
How on earth can anyone undertake such an epic trip with twin boys, three bikes between then and the world ahead ?? What a story they had to tell !! In their journal you will read of their travels.. their hopes and determination to succeed, even when sometimes it seemd the odds and not forgetting the weather was against them ?? I was utterly in awe when Id finished reading this book and yes it does make you feel like anyone can achieve anything . I witnessed the joy ot travelling, the total dispair of the exhuastion and the sadness when they were robbed. I cannot reccommend this book enough.
on 5 October 2013
I am half way through this book and not sure if I can be bothered to finish it.There is no depth or substance to it, the language is really simplistic; it's like reading a children's book.There are very few interesting descriptions of the country they are cycling through or the people who are encountered along the way, and isn't that the whole point of travel writing? I don't really feel that I have got to know the family so cannot engage with them, to the point of not caring enough to finish the book.I am a mother of 2 and thought I would be able to relate but there's very little to relate to. I appreciate in the book that the author has to cover thousands of miles through fourteen countries (and maybe that's the problem) but I really want to read about more than just headwinds, drizzle and M&Ms.
on 29 May 2013
I am not a cyclist although felt like taking it up after reading this. Great read for people who are looking to jump into there 'crazy' dreams and achieve them. Read at I time where I am setting off to travel long term . Got lost in the book and cheered nancy on towards the end ( last 4 chapters) so much I could stop reading till I finished the book. Loved her determination to finish, was challenged looking at the obstacles they faced (heat, cold, bugs etc) and was so inspired by the plan talking just do it attitude!!

Worth a read!!
on 10 October 2013
The book is a good read but I felt that a lot of the time throughout the book they were trying to justify taken their young children with them which I felt they do not need too. The trip was an amazing chance for adventure though at times it seemed they will I'll prepared.
Overall I enjoyed the book.
on 17 July 2013
I'm not remotely into cycling, yet as someone who likes to travel, I found this book a great read. Very inspiring. I can't imagine how they had the resilience to do such an epic journey.