Format: Hardcover|Change

on 30 August 2013
If you're looking for a gin book that allows you to dip in and out this is probably a good choice. Lovely dust jacket and some great sketches inside.

A nice overview with quite a few tasting notes (60 odd I think) with some gins I've never heard of. Good overview of the history and production of gin and some nice cocktail recipes. Leaves me wanting more.
review image review image
on 18 September 2014
it's an OK book but very light on content, I read it in 1 hour, I would have liked more detail on the distillation process, the types of still used, etc. Whilst there is an interesting chapter on botanicals this could have been more informative and better. The interview questions for the distillers interviewed did not really give me much information on how they go about the process, what stills they use. I would like to have seen more examples of UK craft gins. Ultimately this book is overpriced for what it is.
on 30 September 2014
A very enjoyable and interesting read. I was particularly excited by the tasting notes on some gins I had never heard of, and also found the overview of the artisan gin movement in the US very insightful. These craft distillers, making small batches of unusual and unique gins are the inspiration behind the gin craze that's happening in the UK right now. So, thanks to the authors of this lovely little book for taking such time and care in putting this information across.
on 12 January 2014
This item was for a present, but I did not give it as I was disappointed, it did not live up to the image I saw portrayed.
on 30 November 2014