Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 December 2010
About 20 years ago I bought the book: Kaffe Fasset at the V & A, knitting and needlepoint. A very beautiful book with stunning photographs. I knitted a few sweaters, using his persian poppy motif with my own yarn and colors. I got lots of compliments. After some years I started a psycho-social study and had hardly time left to knit. At the beginning of this year somebody admired my old sweater, so I told her about Kaffe Fassett. Then I looked him up on internet because he disappeared from my view for a long time and was pleasantly surprised how much he has done all these years. All these beautiful colors hit me right in the face and made me very happy. By searching everything about him I came on a site of a quilt shop in my hometown and to my great surprise read that he and Brandon Mably were going to give a masterclass in my hometown Deventer (Netherlands).Can you believe it!
So I met Kaffe himself and Brandon ofcourse and we had a great lecture and masterclass. Thats why I was very interested and curious about his home and got this fabulous book. Its like wandering around in a fairytale, looking at all these colors and marvelous collections. It is a great inspiration. A must have for everybody who loves Kaffe Fassett and for those who are a bit afraid of color.
By the way, all of his books are a work of art!
on 24 May 2013
I love all of Kaffe's books and this one taking a tour of his home and his total creativity is a total winner. Great pictures, amazing colours, and I like the way it is organised with different headings on each page. Really takes you into his world!
on 20 December 2010
As any other Kaffe Fassett books this one is an excellent addition to my collection of patchwork booksl Very colourful and beautiful to read. I would highly recommend this book to any quilter who likes colour and artwork in their patchwork and quilting
on 21 May 2016
Quite a disappointment. Although 2010 printed, it's mostly a rehash/compilation of his other books judging by the photos.
Unless you have a desire to own every book about Kaffe Fasset, I wouldn't bother.
83 of the 128 pages of this book are dedicated to the suggestions and displays of decorating a house. Four of the patterns are for rag rugs, four are for quilts and one is for a yo-yo pillow. The best part of this book was the overlapping front and back covers that can be used as bookmarks.

This book was a disappointment to me as I had hoped for more patterns and less "talk" about how to decorate. As everyone's tastes are different, seeing 83 pages of Mr. Fassett's color suggestions put me off. I knew his tastes varied greatly from mine but that doesn't mean I can't just use different fabrics with any of his quilt designs. As there were so few for the amount of pages in the book, I didn't enjoy this book.

With inset seams in one quilt, the four hooked rugs and the yo-yo pillow, that didn't leave me many quilts to create from this book. The patterns gave very few graphics so you needed to be sure you knew what you were reading to create them.

All in all, not a book I would suggestion to any of my quilting friends.
on 10 November 2011
I could look at this guy's designs all day long. The book is a lovely one to keep and use for inspiration for those of us who like to make patchwork items.
on 25 October 2011
This has a great collection of Kaffe's work in glorious colour.The editing is patchy -some prose is repeated a few pages later perhaps it was converted from separate articles.The only challenge is to find the beautiful fabrics used in the projects!
on 14 November 2015