Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 June 2016
As good as new. Very good quality. The translation is very good. I liked it
on 18 July 2013
I got this because I have heard of it for years and wanted to know what all the fuss is about. I found out!
Clear, concise,succinct, rational, expert, and a joy to read.
I may not read all of it yet, but I found it astonishing and enjoyable...in a slightly weird way as I am neither a soldier or a business woman. Simply a delightful discovery which I shall explore furthe.
on 18 May 2012
I'll focus my review on the book itself, rather than the content as most should know what to expect from "The Art of War". The book is a fairly typical, simple translation of the original. It contains no introduction, foreword or interpretive analysis throughout. One notable issue is the chapters have been numbered in roman numerals and then put into alphabetical order, resulting in chapter 9 (IX) being the 5th chapter as you read through.

Overall, if you're looking for a cheap, no frills copy of the Art of War then this is just that.
on 18 September 2015
Military wisdom from the Far East. Written in short pithy sentences. Keep it in you pocket if you ever go to war.
on 27 March 2013
A genuinely great read, very insightful and still very relevant not only to warfare but to living your life. I have always felt that life, living with other people on this Earth plane was like a battle. Master Tzu recognizes that 2,500 years and sort to simplify it. Great read; love it; know it.
on 21 May 2016
I was expecting something a little 'thicker'.
Important to remember buyers, that this is quite literally JUST a translation of the art of war. There is absolutely 0 commentary here.

Definitely worth the money I paid for it though.
on 29 April 2017
Interesting book
on 30 December 2013
More of a pamphlet than a book but a worthwhile purchase if you intend to invade a neighbouring country. A classic.
on 14 January 2016
A classic that could be used as an office workers life guide, (where are the smileys?)
on 29 December 2015
This book has helped me through everyday situations from assignments to managing people.