on 21 April 2009
At last an english translation of the GS Book of Hans Scheineder who write few editions, always up dated, on the GS in german since many years. THIS is the BOOK of GS, very complete on information, technical data and a lot of pictures. If you want only a book of GS, this is THE book on! If you want a book on motorcycle BMW this is also a book to have in your library.
With is friend Dr Axel, they make an valuable book on the evolution of these model, with exceptional and rare photographies. A must to have!
on 10 February 2011
Honestly, whether you like the bike or not, this is simply THE GS BIBLE...
Well written, very informative, good use of pictures and cutaway diagrams.
I have never owned a BMW with four wheels, but I have owned five from the Motorrad stable, including 1150 & 1200 GS Adventures. I didn't own either when I purchased and read this book, but I still found it enjoyable, informative, and hard to put down.

Vorsprung Durch Gelände/Straße
on 24 November 2009
I have owned eleven Beemers which have given me, and three of them still do, great riding pleasure but I must confess I knew very little of their heritage until I read this book. So if you love Beemers then you have to read this book and get to know what awesome pieces of technology they are.
on 12 March 2010
I know its sad, but I like reading about the bikes I have and this has to be one of the best with good pictures and information and very up to date, so recommended