on 8 February 2011
Having wondered why incidences of allergy, intolernace, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, obesity etc seem to be increasing, I have read several 'alternative' books that help, including this one. Whilst there is never one clear answer this book gives me confidence that commercialisation of our staple foods is a significant factor. If you want the details from a well researched resource that is biased in its thoughts, like everything else, then here is a great place to start. Some of it can be a little hard going, but easily skipped and reviewed later. Whilst USA orientated you can apply what has happened over there to what is going on in most major markets where the agrochemical/food conglomerates want to patent and have control of our sustanance to continue to generate profits. This is a convincing story written with passion and understanding of people and their lives and livelyhoods. It is not afraid to challenge the thought patterns driven by financial gain and explain where the statistics are manipulated to support financial growth by business and government.

Man's development and survival over thousands of years is based on milk from day 1, and this book explains what is going wrong. Hence you won't see it being a number 1 seller as the media, conglomerates and governments won't like the story and picture it reveals.
on 2 July 2012
I came across this book in a reading list about nutrition.
I read it from cover to cover despite all the technical jargon.
It's quite incredible how in 50 years all the factors of our basic diet have been interfered with so much by scientists and the food processing industry. Most of all, that life-giving miracle food - milk.
Prepare to be shocked when you read this. It certainly changed my viewpoint and I have now seriously begun to disdain milk in supermarkets and go to farmers' markets instead to acquire the milk closer up the food chain to the source, ie the cow, before the dairies have a chance to change it.
Don't just read this book, read all around the subject if you can. You will never be the same again.
As a starting point this book is great. It certainly opened my eyes.
on 8 February 2015
A must read for anyone who wants to examine the evidence extolling the benefits of raw milk. Of course,we all take what we want from the facts presented to us, but I would recommend this book for the clarity and strength of the arguments that are expressed. Well presented historical scientific studies are given to the reader, and, though the book 's title suggests a dry subject it is anything but dry. It pulsates with well grounded arguments,and is eminently readable.So dip in all you readers,and see if you are persuaded to think again about the product we take for granted in all it's present forms.