Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 8 September 2011
35 years ago, I read about theistic evolutionists, I thought that they were liberal Christians. Ten years ago I wrote an essay on Christians and Evolution. I found that I had a tendency for theistic evolution. In the last year I have found myself to believe in evolution based on molecular genetics.

This has not converted me to be an atheist, as Dawkins would like us to believe. Dawkins gives us a false dichotomy, if evolution is true then you have to be an atheists, I believe that this is a false dichotomy. Even Philip E Johnson offers us this false dichotomy.

Stephen Jay Gould offers us NOMA (non-overlapping magisteria), McGrath offers us POMA (partially overlapping magisteria), I side with McGrath on this issue. This book will help to sort the muddle about being a theistic evolutionist. The book is a series of 15 essays by 10 authors, mostly from the Discovery Institute. The book is in four sections:

I. Some Problems with "Theistic Evolution" (e.g. Karl Giberson, Kenneth Miller, and Stephen Barr)
II. Protestants and Evolution (e.g. Francis Collins, Denis Lamoureux, and Howard Van Till)
III. Catholics and Evolution.
IV. Jews and Evolution.

Whatever you might think about the ID Guys, they are bright, they are here for the long term. Dawkins has already lost the argument. He uses the argument by ridicule. If that is the best that he can do then he has lost the argument.
on 6 May 2015
This book (especially the initial chapter) is a well presented masterpiece for the truth seekers who claim to be 'monotheists'. The book demonstrates to how it is logically flawed to assume that both Neo-Darwinism and monotheism (mentioned as theism) are incompatible with each other. Don't be misled by the symbols (of presumed religions) in the cover. The book should be very useful for other believers too (after all, we claim to believe in one God).