on 29 May 2017
one of the most complete books on that topic became my bible in that time
on 21 July 2017
Finding this book is what led me to having my second child after five miscarriages and five years of other methods failing. Natural Killer Cells are not recognised as a cause of miscarriage by the NHS yet Dr Beer (and many doctors here) have been successfully treating women with the condition of raised NKCs for years (decades in Dr Beer's case). If you are looking for the cause of your unexplained miscarriages this book could be your saviour. And if you need a Dr in the UK may I recommend Mr Shehata of the Miscarriage Clinic. Also, please ignore the negative reviews. It's not too scientific - any woman who has been searching for the cause of her infertility will be familiar with the majority of these terms already.
on 2 March 2016
Some of these reviews must be fake as they say the book is simple to understand. The whole thing is written with terminology that is incredibly complicated. If you're looking for an easy read that explains the basis of reproductive immunology this is not it. I asked some medical friends of mine who have read it and they confirmed its written like a text book, disappointing as I wanted to love this book and be won over by it and instead t made me feel stupid, confused and even more frustrated. I
on 14 June 2017
Good book, - a little too scientific for me though, read it in an hour and never looked at it again
on 4 December 2010
I have never taken the time to write any kind of online review before, however, after stumbling across this book whilst conducting my own research on IVF, I can see it has been written by a very caring fertility expert to help many women out there in a similar situation to myself; women who are trying so desperately to fulfil their greatest wish, not knowing why they are failing and often being dismissed by the medical profession.

The book has certainly been written from a medical perspective with all the terminology, yet at the same time it manages to be very informal. Don't be put off! Keep your concentration by digesting just a few chapters at a time and you will find it a fascinating and eye-opening read. I have marked so many pages that I want to refer back to.

After one failed IVF embryo transfer - a devastating experience no different to a miscarriage in the emotions it produces - I have actually learned through this book (not from my fertility specialist or embryologist!)that I am automatically in a high-risk category for possible immune reactions to accepting and carrying a pregnancy. I am therefore going to follow the advice of Dr Beer and seek the appropriate immunology tests before I try for my next embryo transfer. Had this been identified prior to commencing treatment for my first embryo transfer, it may well have made the difference between success and failure to implant.

Since we prepare to sacrifice many things and often all our life-savings in the unstoppable quest to experience the wonders of parenthood, I would strongly advise anyone to read this book and investigate the immune tests, if relevant. It really is a very small price to pay for something so great. Good luck.
on 16 May 2014
This book has taken me on a totally different direction for my fertility treatment and my research has ended up in my contacting the European leaders in IVF in Greece. So happy I bought this book.
on 8 July 2013
Hi To All,

This book was great!! It's a mind changer and a must for all that had failed IVF's.

Tx Dr Beer, your work is not unnoticed:)
on 30 September 2013
Told me a lot about all the tests I can have and what evidence backs them up. I'm now awaiting a nk biopsy with siobahn quenby in Coventry.
33 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 December 2007
If your best friend was a book it would be this one. Dr Beer describes in easy to understand words how the immune system can go into overkill in some women. The result is miscarriage, IVF failure and infertility. But these outcomes can be prevented with the right tests and treatments. I read this book and found it technical when necessary but with lots of human interest stories and studies to back everything up. The authors did a good job making this book accessible to ordinary women and also credible for when they take it to show their doctors. It is not dry like the other reviewer said, it is factual and makes a complex subject understandable. The book is ahead of its time and will make infertility and miscarriage a far less frequent event if only it was more widely known to the medical profession. I had twins as a result of Dr Beer's treatments. I wasted many years and many $ thousands consulting with narrow minded doctors before finding him. I recommend this book with all my heart to all those women who were once suffering like I was. The tests and treatments are out there and this book tells you where to find them.
I wrote this review for Amazon.com but as I have friends in the UK who have also been successful through the Sheffield and Nottingham Care clinic and ARGC in London (who all provide immune treatment) I am posting it here too.
22 Comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 February 2014
2nd hand book, fraction of the price of buying it new and in pristine condition. Book arrived quickly and am more than happy to use this organization as some of the money is going to charity - highly recommend