Format: Hardcover|Change

on 24 March 2010
The best book of its type. It's rare to find a dietary regime that is genuinely healing as well as satisfying and delicious. The photos look good and make you want to be adventurous with the cooking, and the explanations of how Ayureveda works are clear and logical. I'm loving it.
on 12 April 2010
I came to Ayurvedia through acquaintances but mainly because my son has Crohn's disease. He had reacted badly to conventional medicines:- steroids (budesonide) and immunosuppressants (azathioprine). This book is certainly a good introduction to cooking the ayurvedic way indeed Ayurvedia itself. It devotes approx. 150 pages at the beginning to the concepts of Ayurvedia, preparing & storing, food as medicine and more and with every following recipe explains how it can be varied to suit pitta, vata, kapha. I would have preferred more recipes but am grateful for quite full information on the philosophy. I feel one must be a very keen cook (as I am)and devote a good deal of time to following the guidelines/recipes. I found the basics ie. how to make Ghee, making up seasoning, stock, pastry extremely useful but their recipe for homemade yoghurt has not worked so far. As I am at the beginning of the road of discovery, I cannot tell yet whether the Ayurvedic diet will help my son - I would need at least 6 months of adhering strictly to his particular diet.
on 20 June 2011
This is a beautiful cookbook with good clear illustrations that tempt you to try new dishes. Recipes are delicious, not overly complicated and health benefits are clear. I use it regularly and have also bought several copies as gifts for friends. The first section on Ayurvedic history and principles, healing use and then determining your Dosha (Pitta, Vata or Kapha) is interestingly written and the results of the questionnaire surprisingly accurate. I have many cookbooks but this is one that I find I return to more than any other. A great book and a perfect introduction to Ayurveda, I love it.
on 29 January 2013
Super resource on ayurveda information, good recipes. Really pleased that I to this book, could not wait to read it..if interested in ayurveda..good resource.
on 22 June 2013
If you're a beginnger to Ayurveda the front sections are informative and are really required reading to undersatnd the concepts behind the recipes.
Lovely selection of imaginative and creative recipes
on 15 August 2015
A lovely cook book, recipes are different to the ones you see elsewhere, I have tried a number and they are good. I also like the idea that they are good for health.
I also love the pictures, life-like and extremely attractive.
on 22 March 2013
I've had this book for about a year now, and still open it once a week. If you're not looking to do a degree in Ayurveda, but want a good, accessible, comprehensive guide at your fingertips, this book is ideal. To be honest I haven't cooked much from it - I've always had healthy cooking and eating habits - but it has inspired me to add more of some things and reduce others from my pantry. I can honestly say that since exploring the fundamentals presented in this book I haven't suffered Spring hay fever. I am much more aware of when I am unbalanced in one dosha or another, and am equipped with the knowledge of what to do. Well recommended, especially if you are suffering from inexplicable every day things, such as hayfever or acid or bloating.
on 1 March 2015
this book is beautifully illustrated and well written. Lots of information up front and interesting food combinations. Even if you never cook a thing it is a really good read.
on 5 May 2016
This book is beautifully presented. It has much on Ayurvedic philosophy if you are a real buff. The recipes are deliciously illustrated, easy to make and can be adapted to whether you are a naturally slim Vata type, well built Pitta or slightly or overly plump Kapha. Eat and enjoy and get healthy in the bargain - what more could you ask for.
on 4 August 2014
Beautiful book explaining the principles of Ayurveda in quite some details. Great dosha specific recipes too. I originally bought Eat Taste heal as a kindle book, but it was so beautiful, I returned it and bought the hard back version.