Customer reviews

on 8 November 2005
I bought this book from Amazon.com based upon the good customer reviews and the quirky descriptions. I thought that anything that makes a stab at reinventing vampires was worth giving a try. But what I can say - I can only suggest that those persons in America reviewing the book were either related to the author or had not been exposed to any decent literature, ever! The book cover is a clumsily renditioned computer graphic - one of the worst covers I've ever seen and so reflects accurately the content.
The only characteristic of the protagonists is smugness. The wisecracks and humour are forced. The action is lamentable. There is no more plot in this book than there is an Anita Blake - vampire hunter book once the sex has been taken out.
If you want decent female fantasy horror, etc read Kim Harrison or any of her ilk but do yourself a favour - don't buy this book. I regret buying any book that I cannot finish and look forward to dumping it to a charity shop as soon as possible.
on 13 January 2006
I did like this book very much. Yes, I had difficulties reading it the first time around, but in later readings it only got better. And I´m waiting for later installments.
This book is the writers first book, and it shows.