on 10 June 2015
If you are in any doubt as to whether you have Lyme Disease please give this book a chance. I got a typical Lyme (red bull's eye) rash two years ago, had a course of antibiotics and was told I tested negative for it. Since then I have had mild to medium symptoms which I thought might be Lyme but was told they were not as subsequent tests also proved negative. In November 2014 I was struck down with a mystery virus which really put my life on hold as it was so debilitating. Six months later I was barely any better, and a neurologist simply referred me to a psychologist with a view to helping me adjust to the limitations of a chronic fatigue state. With nothing to lose (and a gut feeling that Lyme disease was the root cause) I decided to do my own research. Apparently Lyme Disease tests in the Uk can be very inaccurate and many people are using a German lab which can more accurately diagnose. Not wanting to spend £500+ on this to confirm what I strongly suspect anyway, I bought this book. It seemed many people were using anti-microbial herbs to cure Lyme and I figured the herbs couldn't hurt even if they didn't help. just one week later, having followed the 'core protocol' in this book I am feeling well enough to have been inspired to write this review. As the herb treatment has already been so effective I can only conclude that I do indeed have Lyme/co-infection. I have more energy, can cope with going out and have far less pain. There might be some people who think this sounds like it's all in my head but if you are in a chronic fatigue state yourself, then you know how real and unpleasant it is. This book is genuinely changing my life. Some of the reviews suggest it's too highbrow, but I think it strikes a good balance as it's aimed at medical professionals and laymen. Some of it is complex due to the nature of the way Lyme parasites affect the body but you don't have to read it all - but make sure you read the bit about herb dosages carefully. Just to add that I do have a fantastic and supportive doctor - she just doesn't know much about Lyme. Hope this review helps anyone else who is unsure.
on 14 February 2018
This has been the best book I have read so far in relation to treating Lyme Disease and co-infections Bartonella, Babesia and Mycoplasma. It goes into depth in terms of what can help with the whole variety of symptoms the infections can cause. I have not used the exact Buhner protocol myself but, under the guidance of a nutritionist, have in the past 3 months began treatment with various herbal products. These products contain some of Buhner's recommended herbs such as Japanese Knotweed, Andrographis and Cryptolepis.

As I was not given the correct diagnosis until more than 2 years since I was infected, it will take some time to recover and is too early to say if the herbs will be successful long-term. 3 weeks of antibiotics did not cure me, as seems to be widely known by patients/practitioners and yet it still states in the CDC guidelines in the USA and the NICE guidelines in the UK that 3 weeks worth will cure, which is a travesty really. Many people are turning to herbal remedies instead.

The herbs have certainly been doing something already. A few weeks after starting a product with Japanese Knotweed/Andrographis, Bartonella rashes appeared all over my torso for the first time. I also experienced Bartonella symptoms at the same time, such as the classic sore soles in the morning. A few days after starting Cryptolepis, I have had a Babesia herx, with night sweats, chest pain/tightness and pinprick like rashes on my feet. It has been uncomfortable at times but at least it is clear they are effective in killing the bacteria.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 11 January 2015
a must read for anyone suffering with lyme disease.
on 19 April 2015
This is an excellent book, well presented and researched. Although I am trained in Herbal Medicine myself I found this book extremely helpful in enabling my self treatment of Lyme Disease. I would recommend this book to anyone affected by the disease.
on 14 February 2015
Very good, though technical natural Lyme treatment book. Thorough research.
on 23 May 2013
This is an extremely well thought out, well written, interesting and informative book re Lyme disease. A must for anyone who is dealing with it, personally or via someone they know.
on 19 March 2016
must have for everyone with Lyme - check out also Klinghardt and Cowden protocols
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 November 2014
very informative book
on 9 October 2014
I had severe Lyme Borelliosis in 2005 for ten months before diagnosis. Long enough for it to be well established and put me into extreme chronic fatigue with worsening neurological symptoms. I used the core protocol in this book over a period of 18 months, and artemesinin for 1 month, followed by a lyme liver flush based on P Kanes "detox" book (specialises in neurotoxins). I started very gently with the protocol in this book. It got me completely well. Repeat: completely well. No "post lyme syndrome" (ongoing infection as far as i'm concerned). I am still completely well and have never had any relapse. I was being pressured to have antibiotics (I'm not anti them, I just didn't think my body would cope with a long period of them, plus there is a 35% relapse after a/bs) . One practitioner encouraged me not to take them, so i didn't. Basically, this book got me well.
on 10 November 2014
Very interesting but quite hard for a non scientist to follow in places.