Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

on 16 June 2017
This is a fantastic read and I would say essential foundation for anyone creating reports, Finance/BI/Sales/Marketing etc Brilliant !
Tons of real life examples of bad reporting and how to do it in a clear concise, informative way, and factors to make the look totally engaging.
on 24 July 2017
Read this to understand data presentation - it will brodden your knowledge, and give a better understanding of how to present data.
on 21 July 2013
I have never read a book of this size in one sitting. Frankly, I started a bit slow but then found myself not being able to put the book down. Four hours later! I have read the entire book.

This is great. The language is simple, clear and crisp. The explanations make total sense. To make a subject such as tables and graphs interesting is difficult at the best of times but Mr Few has done it. I have learnt a hell of a lot such as geospatial considerations, box plots (never heard of them before), perception of visual display etc etc etc.

Normally, I consider a book great if I learn just one thing from it but I have learnt such a lot from this book. To supplement this, I suggest that one also reads 'How to make an impact' by Jon Moon.
on 30 April 2017
All of this is online, forget paying over 20 for this.
on 27 June 2014
As a professional who often has to display data in innovative and engaging ways, I find this book invaluable.
on 12 February 2014
This book is a great source of a practical knowledge for everyone who designs information. I'm a UX designer and this book help me prepare better tables and graphs, not only draw nice ones but also think about information in analytical way.
on 21 August 2014
Superb book that gives practical, sensible advice instead of unusual and pretty charts for unusual cases. Is up-to-date and relevant to modern tools and practices. Used this as the basis for training at my work.
on 5 January 2016
A book for beginners
on 24 February 2013
This book begins at the principles of perception and guides you towards the goal of presenting the valuable meaningful information that's hidden within bulks of data along a path of understanding. For me as information professional at a government agency this book helps to reach the next level of professional performance.
on 3 June 2016
Informative book on data presentation; written with clarity.
If you have to communicate data through reports or presentations this book is worth reading.