Format: Paperback|Change

on 21 August 2014
Interesting, but the ingredients are not easily available in the UK and the measurements take a bit of research. Also equipment like a food processor is expensive for some of us. Interesting article on Blood Ketone meters - alas, although they are not too expensive, the sticks for them are. I just felt that if I couldn't follow the diet correctly, I might as well not bother!
on 30 September 2014
This is a very useful book, as there are a lot of quick, easy to rustle up recipes, though I must say there isn't a huge amount of variety and quite a lot of shirataki noodle recipes. However, the bread recipe is really good and the book is worth buying for that alone I think!
on 24 February 2015
This is such an awesome book. If you're doing low carb high fat (the most enjoyable way to eat EVER in my opinion), Dana is a lifesaver. She has a very obvious passion for food and creating new recipes, and it's very infectious. I've spent more time enjoying myself in the kitchen since buying this book than for ages before, and the results are yummy. She gives clear breakdowns of carb/protein/fat contents so that you can monitor your macros, and uses gorgeous ingredients. I can't recommend this highly enough.
on 30 May 2015
I definitely recommend this if you're persuaded by ketogenic eating. Although it's not a textbook for explaining nutritional ketosis, she summarises the main points with references. As I get older I sadly need less food and this book is excellent for recipes for a ketogenic fat fast. Everything is clearly set out with carbs, calories, protein and fat. Useful if you're interested inalternate day fasting.
on 22 March 2013
As well as the recipes, I bought this book to show my support for the excellent transparent information provided by Dana Carpenter and friends (yes you Jimmy!).

Have not had a chance to try the recipes yet but the coconut bread is first on my list. The information about fat fast and nutritional ketosis in the first part of the book is written well in simplified terms.
The Low carb/high fat way of eating is gaining increasing momentum and this is an excellent cookbook with many 'treats' to help stay on track. It demonstrates that low carb/high fat is not just about eating platefuls of meat.
on 17 May 2015
The information section is good, with well researched pieces. The recipe section doesn't have anything you won't find on Pinterest and relies heavily on ingredients only available I supermarkets in the states. There are far too many sweet recipes compared to savoury and a reliance on sweeteners
on 28 June 2014
As someone who is new to a keto/LCHF diet, this book is a great resource. Its only a small book, no pictures, not the highest quality printing BUT invaluable no nonsense information. Lots of ideas how to incorporate more fat into the diet
on 16 December 2013
Good clear recipes, easy to read and the food is ideal for gluten free diet. There are many easy to make for a novice like me, I am not a good cook but these encourage me to stay on a gluten free diet for my health
on 12 April 2014
Downloaded the Kindle app JUST to buy this book. Haha. Good recipes inside, most are quite easy to make. It's informative and the recipes are quite appealing.
on 27 September 2013
A good low carb quick loss idea. When you are stuck at a weight platuea in spite of doing everything right, this little plan gets you going again. And brings your awareness back to how careful you have to be with carb intake. I use the recipes all of the time. But double the quantities when not doing the fast. Except that the noodles are expensive and difficult to get hold of, but they are only in a few of the recipes anyway.