on 2 November 2015
Brilliant informative book. Everyone should read this if you are looking to care for your body and put in better nutrition.
on 9 September 2017
Some excellent recipes. Well worth having on your shelf!
on 24 August 2017
This book introduced me to a lot of new ideas
on 28 May 2017
The best book on diet and nutrician you will ever read. I feel that I have missed out on this fascinating knowledge for 48 years! The stories of diet over the centuries have kept me reading and intrigued. Buy this book if this subject interests you..you won't be dissapointed.
on 22 June 2017
What my misses wanted
on 16 July 2017
This is a must read so much information you can read from the start or dip in and out
on 15 June 2017
very good
on 9 March 2017
Bought as a present.
on 23 August 2017
What iv read so far this book is an eye opener thank you fast delivery
on 9 May 2016
I bought this book on a Wednesday and read most of it, fascinated and convinced by most of it (except for the embargo on tea and coffee - I think these drinks are actually good for us in moderation. Also, nobody is going to get me to eat brains or tripe). On the following Saturday I went to the funeral of a relative, in a very fertile rural area of midlands Ireland, characterised by both big and small farms on land heavily watered by the River Shannon. As I sat and watched the queue of local people going up to sympathise I was struck by how good-looking they all were - good colour, lovely skin, thick hair (not that many bald men, interestingly), bone structure, features, bearing, everything. These are people who have lived for generations (up to the present one anyway) on the produce of the land, animal fats, good locally grown spuds, milk, butter, eggs. So there might be something in it. Also, this book's recipe for cooking brown rice was the best I've ever used. I've been eating brown rice for years and I'm always hungry an hour or two later. This time, I didn't want to eat for at least another six hours!!
Like some other reviewers, I was put off by the occasional hint of religion (I am religious myself but it has no place in a cookery book) and prescription about lifestyle. I also thought some of the quoted remarks about weak mothers and weak babies were ugly and unnecessary, bordering on eugenicism. But on the whole, this is well worth reading.