on 30 August 2017
Good book.
on 10 July 2017
on 20 March 2017
After leaving previous feedback, it has arrived now and i am very pleased, thanks
on 22 May 2017
Great read
on 23 November 2014
No codes, no mumbo jumbo. Just a clear account in tho this own translated words about the beginning of things, our purpose here as human beings and what we need to do to achieve that purpose. To add even greater clarity and background explanation, there is a running commentary in the parallel column next to Thoth's words, necessary only because some of the ( ancient) ideas are necessarily strange to our modern minds. I eventually bought this book months ago ( having first been put off by the review which said it spoke in codes). I have read and re-read it several times, to give some of the more fantastic things presented, time to be assimilated by my mind. I can only say that I have experienced nothing but sheer joy in reading it, discovering new layers of meaning with every re-read, which is only to be expected with esoteric (which simply means 'hidden') literature of this quality! I'm no scholar, but simply an ordinary parent of three children. I can't recommend this little book more highly!
on 9 April 2017
This may sound odd., I got something from this book, but I don't know what it is..and I want to read it again. Thanks
on 22 April 2017
I love this book there are so many layers in wich to read it. I will wear the pages out before i get bored.
on 27 September 2014
Due to the history behind this book, one can not say when the so called "Emerald tablet" was written. People can guess but without seeing the tablet first hand in a museum and for it to be looked into by todays researchers. Its sadly Chinese whispers.
on 27 April 2017
Words fail in trying to express the Beauty and the WISDOM given to us by Thoth - Hermes! What an eye opener...
on 8 November 2010
This work actually makes no sense unless you know the codes and understand the metaphors - and anyone who does isn't admitting it, not that I know of. Do you?

I like practical and useful information and for me this was mostly meaningless. I suspect it is the same for others. The reason is that the Emerald Tablets, and the Hermetica, are entirely written in coded metaphors.

For instance, in the Hermetica, God is the thesis or the creator, Kosmos the antithesis or the destroyer, and Space the synthesis between the first two or the preserver. They are a kind of metaphysical and dialectic version of topological triangulation. This is paralleled in the doctrine of the Trinity. Each vertex may also be described geometrically as a set of functions or their opposites. The Hermetica is really coded physics - and not the physics conventionally taught in our schools and universities but rather a hidden physics.

I like practical and useful information and for me this was mostly meaningless. I suspect it is the same for others. I myself have not learned much more than this very basic and simplistic code for a small part of the Hermetica. I also know there are at least 3 levels: the topological metaphor of the physical (deepest), the physics metaphor of the emergence of creation (less deep) and another physics metaphor of the astronomical machine of precession (least deep).

If anyone reading this knows more, or can direct us as to where to find more decoding, please add a comment to this review (there's a bit in Farrell's book "The Grid of the Gods").

Farrell's "Cosmic War" traces a cluster of names from ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt that are the same entity as (or very closely related to) Hermes-Thoth including: (An)Zu, Ninurta/Nimrod/Ninus/Enmer/Emerkar, Marduk/Merodach, Nergal, Baal/Osiris/Tammuz/Adonis/Dionysus/Bacchus, Enki/Ea/Eyah/Yahweh/Lucifer/Ra/Sungod/Lightbearer and even the Mason's Hiram Abiff. [Later note: Farrell's "Thrice Great Hermetica" provides even more insight into Hermetica.]

I would like to suggest, instead of Hermes, two of the greatest hermetic teachers in history: Thomas H Burgoyne's "The Light of Egypt: v. 1: The Science of the Soul and the Stars" - a great classic work of mystical enlightenment and Russell Walter's "A New Concept of the Universe". For those interested in truths, I also suggest Tsarion, a deep thinker of our time about ancient secrets, who shows (for example)how the Emerald Tablets actually refer to the tarot. Not in the variations the tarot is known of today, but its original form, involving a mixture of kabala, tarot, numerology and astrology, which he explains are sister disciplines. You can learn more about this (free) from Tsarion himself - there are hours and hours of Tsarion on youtube, mostly fascinating.

For much much more on the secrets of "pre"history than 99.99 per cent of us can possibly glean from this book, see Lana Cantrell's "Greatest Story Never Told" which is available free on the internet - verbose but amazing in parts. Also see Shannon Dorey's 3 books on the Nummo.

As for Jordan Maxwell's "The Brotherhood of the Illes" - another blow-your-mind book available free on the internet... and Santos Bonacci (starting with As Above so Below' (especially part 2) and with 'Sovereignty-Roman Law'... well you need to experience them for yourself. You may also benefit from Frank O'Collins' monumental body of work, available free from the Ucadia websites, the result of 26 years of work.

Later note: as explained at length in WesPenre's website, Thoth and Hermes are just other names for Lucifer/En.ki, who stole our planet and used GM techniques to create us.
22 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse