Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 November 2014
Not seller's fault I didn't like this book. This is not the same Scott Peck who wrote The Road Less Travelled. If you like road less travelled avoid this book. It's American drivel.
on 19 September 1998
This uplifting and practical book has changed my whole view of how to love my husband and cherish my own dreams for the "perfect marriage." I especially enjoyed the chapter on "Kindness + Honesty," which really hit me where it counts, and has even helped me to deal with personnel challenges at the office. I can't wait to read it again, chapter by chapter, together with my husband!
on 19 October 1998
Thank you for taking the time to write this book on how to improve your love skills. These skills are not taught in school and if some of us get it at home we are lucky. I have shared "The Love You Deserve" with several of my girlfriends who have found it helpful to share with their own sons and daughters. The fact that your book emphasizes how to discern the quality of love we are expressing, also helps us detect what kind of love we are receiving. I am making an honest effort to listen better and to be honest and live my live with integrity and joy!
on 23 March 1998
The Love You Deserve by Scott Peck is fabulous. I found that it is a book for all stages of a relationship, and even for those who are not in a relationship. It has helped open up the lines of communication in my relationship not only with my fiance, but with my friends and family. I felt one of the best thing I learned from this book is that you need to ask for what you need in a relationship - and Scott teaches you how to ask in a way that is very receptive. He also teaches you how to open yourself up so your partner is comfortable in asking for what they need from you. This book comes highly recommended from me for what ever stage you are in a relationship, or again, even if you are not in one it is a wonderful way to help shape the next relationship you will encounter - and I am sure if you have read this book you will have a realtionship a much "higher" level. Enjoy!
on 2 June 1998
We purchased this book based on the implication that it was authored by the M. Scott Peck MD that wrote "The Road Less Travelled" etc. After a couple of pages it was clear that we were tricked into the purchase. Although the content is useable, it is not worthy of the works by similiar named author. Felt more like someone else cashing in on the self help entrepreneural craze than what we were led to expect by the marketing and play on name confusion.
Not up to expectations.
on 16 September 1998
I just gained so many ideas from this book, not just about my love-live, but about how to enhance relationships with my kids, co-workers and friends. I also now have faith that there will be love after divorce.
on 15 April 1998
My wife and I read Scotts book with great enthusiasm. It seemed to put into words the feelings we have both had for each other for the 34 years we have been married. We acquired ten copies of the book for some of our friends and even gave one to the local library. I understand it is being checked out and read very often. More people need to read this wonderful work.
on 21 February 2013
It's always sad when someone attempts to impersonate someone else for personal gain, and particularly so given the subject matter here. I'd read through the entire preview here with a growing sense of depression, as the vacuous, banal, happy-clappy saccharine bilge continued to unfold, page by page.

At the end, I had to conclude that Peck had finally lost the plot in his last years. Then something prompted me to check on the actual authors, as I didn't remember Peck collaborating with any of his children, except artistically.

Mixed feelings of joy that Peck had nothing to do with this rubbish, and anger that I'd been misled into reading so long.

Avoid.
on 28 March 1998
As I continue to read the pages... it's exciting to read every single page because it introduces a revolutionary way of thinking about love. The book is spiritual yet practical. Helping us understand that although it is our divine right to be loved we can experience it at the human level. I always thought perfect love was meant only for the gods. But now I understand that there is a divine and human coincidence in experiencing perfect love! My consciousness is open to more love to touch all facets of my life! I am so glad you were courageous and generous enough to share it with the rest of us.
on 1 May 1998
This book has really offered the reader a reward for doing a little life-work. Perfect Love!, what a concept! Thank you Scott, and what is next? I read the book in an evening and continue to use it and the lessons each day. Thank you for teaching me how to listen to and honor my relationships more effectively.