Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 March 1998
This book was written for me! I have never been married and I am currently considering it. I am already on my second reading of "The Love You Deserve". Happily, my boyfriend and I are utilizing it together this time as we work through the quizzes.
Honestly, before reading it I thought "perfect" love was unrealistic and unachievable. Scott's book has given me hope. I now know I don't have to "settle" . With Scott's step-by-step guidance in achieving these standards of perfect love, I feel there is no chance that I'll make a mistake that could end in divorce. Thanks Scott!
on 19 November 1998
Mr. Peck is chronicling a deeply private personal journey that required humility, generosity and grace. He is showing how the willingness to change brings greater good and that it is the quality of our thinking and choices that determines the outcome. With divine Love as the appropriate yardstick, he shows us the full breadth of OUR divine heritage, which includes PERFECT Love, complete Love, not a part of Love. His approach is introspective and metaphysical.
This approach will therefore be at odds with conventional medical/psychological reasoning. The difference between New Age concepts of metaphysics and Scott's is that his is based in his understanding of God as our Cause and Source vs. a more impersonal universal sense of Truth.
I recommend this book to everyone with eyes to see and ears to hear. It will feed the hungry heart. And teach the reader the truth of their 'conscious worth'.
Continued success.
on 3 March 1998
The book is well-written, inspiring, and easy to read. It has a unique, spiritual approach. The quizzes are very helpful. My husband and I both read the book. We are having fun working together on 3 of the 10 keys: "Listening to the Heart", "Perpetual Intimacy", and "Cherishing Each Other's Dreams." The book will most certainly benefit anyone, single or married.
on 10 March 1998
I'm reading it over a second time because the information takes a while to digest. Most "relationship" books are a total rehash of what's been said over and over and over....... It's a good book with good concepts which deserve thought and action.
on 19 September 1998
Reading this book illuminated what it means to truly love--without all the processes involved in psychoanalysizing. Love is here, love is simple, and Scott shows us. The ideas are not new. He's reminding us, simply, that we have it now. Isn't that great! I interviewed six individuals from different walks of life at different stages of relationshps for a profile/review of this book for a monthly publication. Everyone got at least one nugget from the book and since the interviews several months ago, all have advanced in relationships & status of relationships because of reading Scott's book. He's done a great service by sharing what has worked for him & how it can be proved for anyone. Looking forward to the next book from this loving and thought-provoking author.
on 24 June 2005
I bought this book by mistake because I thought it was from the same author of "The raod less travelled" that I really liked. Instead this proved to be a real mistake.
The book is boring, plenty of repetition, plenty of stereotypes and even if I tried hard I couldn't read it till the end. Not even my sarcasm made me appreciate an ounce of it.
The other thing I disliked is the use of the word Love when the author really means God. It was just too much for me to take! Religious' fanatics in disguise!
on 15 May 2016
This book has reminded me that the basics of couple relationship is friendship and understanding.
on 22 September 1998
The Love You Deserve will change your life, guaranteed. The author himself lives a very loving life, in short, he IS the message of this book, unlike so many relationship books where the author is not practicing what is being preached. He is speaking from experience of giving and receiving love after having suffered through a terrible first marriage. If you thought unconditional love was a myth, think again. Buy this book if you want happy relationships. You will be very impressed with how easy it can be.
on 28 September 2016
Good book. Shows you how to get what you want and deserve.
on 22 October 2015