Customer reviews

on 11 November 1998
When I picked up this book, I was completely blown away. The seminal images of my life were all here, all in one book, and they had all been photographed by one man. From the pictures of Alva and Adams sessioning in Dogtown that I used to rip from the centre pages of Skateboarder magazine, through the Suicidal Tendancies album covers right up to Ice T's OG cover.
I was shocked, as someone who has always taken an active interest in photography, it had never ocurred to me to find out who had created these images. Glen Friedman in one of my heroes. Power to him. If you've never heard of Adams, Alva, ST or IceT, don't worry, if you love youth culture, powerful images and excellent photography this book is worth a look.
on 4 April 2001
I've looked at this book so many times since I got it. It is amazing to think that one guy took all these photos of different people/scenes. I bought it primarily for the skating photos but it was cool to see all the others, especially the really early Beastie Boys ones.