on 15 August 2017
I've struggled with this book, but have only managed to get about a quarter of the way through it. It just doesn't make any sense to me. I bought it because people had recommended it to me, so maybe it made sense to some people but I can't get my brain round it and I know I will never finish it. No disrespect to the late Dr Batmanghelidj - this may just be a lack of comprehension on my part, but in general if something sounds so über-scientific that I can't understand it, I tend to distrust it. A disappointment.
on 30 October 2002
This is an outstanding book which has changed the way I view current medical practices. Dr. Batmans theory about the importance of water in maintaining health and preventing disease is revolutionary and his explanation of current medical practices and his research relating to water is logical.
Although the content and terminology has a medical bias Dr. Batman has set the chapters in a logical format. He backs up the more intricate medical information with simple easy to understand diagrams. It is written for the general public therefore Dr. Batman gives simple yet comprehensive information and explanations.
The book begins with a brief history of Dr Batman's career and the circumstances surrounding his research and it's inception. It moves on to explain how a constant lack of water intake throughout our lives can be a precursor to common ailments and diseases. The explanations of diseaes and their relation to the chronic dehydration condition are well-reasoned and give the reader enough information to be able to understand how the systems of the body work, and therefore how they are affected by dehydration; without the need for a medical dictionary or pre-existing medical knowledge.
Worth every penny!
on 26 June 2017
I recommend this book to all my clients who don't quite believe me how important staying hydrated really is. I challenge anyone to read it from cover to cover and not take the advice!
on 30 August 2017
This book is a must buy.It has really improved my health.I would give it ten stars if i could.
on 2 March 2015
Great Service and very illuminating to any reader with an interest to the Magical Power of water that is so easily overlooked and undermined.
on 2 July 2017
Prompt dispatch. Pleased with purchase
on 7 September 2017
Bit wordy, but good nontheless.
on 18 October 2014
Fascinating.
on 25 June 2003
This book is astounding! Whilst studying as a Bowen therapist this book was recommended for background information, as water is an integral part of the therapy.
I never drank enough water and was poorly for many years. Now, after reading this book, I drink at least 2 litres a day. I have not had to take any painkilling medication for over a year!
Fantastic book, almost like a kind of love story - it's compelling and you don't want to put it down in case you miss something!
on 27 May 2002
I found this book so powerful that I read it three times - gaining more insight each time. MY ASTHMA DISAPPEARED within days of upping my water intake. Dr Batman's book pulls no punches in pointing out how we dehydrate our thirsty bodies with sugary drinks and caffeinated tea and coffee. Read this and maybe you can help your body heal itself without resorting to drugs. Make sure you drink the best quality water you can - you owe it to your body.