on 29 January 2013
Life often seems to pass us by so quickly these days; A journal records the different events of our lives, and calls to mind things that invoked different emotions in us, be they positive or negative. At the time something is actually happening, you never think about the fact that you will probably forget it in future. Looking over a journal of events and memories that happen over a course of years will give you so many enjoyable "that's right!! I remember that.." moments. Really, it's like reading a novel of your own life. Not to mention the fact that it comes in handy merely for the fact that you are able to check the exact time a certain event occurred, for future reference.

Being aware of all the things above, I thought it was high time that I started keeping a journal, and so I picked this up for some inspiration and - wow! There is a huge wealth of information here, tons and tons of ideas and inspiration for writing a journal. This author is amazingly creative and has come up with a huge variety of ideas for journal musings. For example, the second page of your journal should detail nearly 50 positive aspects of your life that you should let flourish and grow, ie "Over the next 365 days, I give myself permission to love, I give myself permission to grow, I give myself permission to shine and I give myself permission to explore" - to name just a few. This will give you amazing ideas for filling your journal with "memories, self-reflection, creativity and direction" (as it says on the cover). Sums it up perfectly!!

Included are 365 prompts to write about in your journal, one for every day of the year. These are things like: "tell me about an adventure you would love to have", "make a list of all the things you would do or buy if you won the lottery jackpot", "if you could relive one memory of your life over again, which would you choose and why", "in your journal, write a letter to yourself 10 years in the future", "what would you do if you knew you could not fail?", "when do you feel most alive?" and "I am grateful for my family because.." - to name just a handful of the 365. Very thought-provoking and incredibly meaningful and valuable food-for-thought for your future consideration and reflection.

There is an introduction and a chapter "how to use this book", followed by a bunch of other chapters such as "which journal size or style" and "why make the time?", before proceeding to the 365 day/52 week journal writing prompt ideas. There are also 52 weekly actions, such as "week 8: go somewhere different, somewhere you have never been", "week 35: host a 3 course meal by candlelight", "week 37: call someone for a catch-up. Report back to journal" and "week 50: plant a tree. Report back to journal with a photo".

It makes you realize that journal writing doesn't have to be just a recording of events - it's a way to inspire and motivate yourself everyday, to try something new, to do something different, meaningful and special in your life every week, in order to live a fuller, happier, more adventurous and more enriched life. It will also remind you of and reinforce the positive aspects of life. This is where its true value lies, in addition to being a very useful future reference, of course.

I am so inspired by this, I intend to start a journal using these ideas immediately!! I highly recommend this for anyone wanting to start a fascinating, liberating, exciting and enlightening personal journey of journal writing for "memories, reflection, creativity and direction"!!!
on 29 December 2013
This is a brilliant book for anyone like myself who loves writing journals but doesn't know what to write. I can't wait to start my 2014 journal now as this book has given me so much inspirational ideas and thoughts to write about. The best £2 I have ever spent. I don't write reviews so it must be good :-D

on 11 November 2014
OMG I love this book so much. it is amazing. I relate to the author, he is amazing. love the way the book is written. great ideas. weekly tasks and journal prompts. everyone should have this book :)
on 24 April 2015
Brilliant book, full of helpful encouragement and inspirational thought provoking ideas to get even the most reluctant and hard pressed budding journal-writer scribbling with gusto. Overcome all your mental obstacles and keep it with your journal, then dive in on any page, or follow the numbers 1 - 365 its up to you!
on 14 June 2016
I was looking for an inspirational prompt to start some daily writing whilst this might not suit all and indeed it has prompted me to look at other books in this area I think it is a good place to start.
on 19 February 2013
I have spent a small fortune on journal writing books recently and this one is by far my favourite. It is fun, practical and great value for money. The weekly actions and quotes are a fantastic bonus. I can't recommend it enough!
on 7 December 2014
Very gd inspirational ideas and prompts any writer would get great pleasure from this book and it would suit any level total pro to those needing something to start their creative journey
would recommend so much in this book you can do and its just writing about your self/life either but your dreams inspirations just so much to this book :)
on 31 January 2016
I'm doing an art journal and this has given me lots of ideas to work with and lots of quotes to use in my artworks.

This book is perfect to get you started or to give you that extra push on your journaling journey.
on 17 August 2014
It's okay, but my inner "English teacher" winces at the typos! Some of the prompts I'll use and have done; others are of less interest.

I already know my values when it comes to money - I'm quite happy getting by, with some extras, than being a millionairess.