on 3 October 2013
These recipes are very good to adapt to use with the slimming world diet. Very pleased with my purchase. !
on 29 January 2014
DH and I have very different approaches to mealtimes, and his love of 'proper' meals and in (un)healthy portion sizes really don't make helping him lose the weight he wants to shift any easier. Add to that I'm veggie and he couldn't be more carnivorous if you paid him, mealtimes get complicates and sometimes frustrating!
This wee book is a godsend! I'm already a huge fan of slow cookers anyway and wouldn't be without any of mine - planning the weeks food for DH is now a breeze, and all being slow cooker based means I can get home from work and not have to start from scratch - a definite bonus. Clearly set out with chapters for different meats, vegetarian ideas, soups, desserts, even breakfasts! I have several slow cook books, most of which are great but they're not consciously looking calorie counting - with the help of this book which is really good in its own right, I can take some of the ideas and look at adapting some other recipes too. As a book hoarder, I have cook books of all kinds coming out of my ears, and this has instantly become one of about 5 top picks that I really wouldn't be without.
on 13 October 2013
Brilliant book quick and easy recipes fantastic for busy days when there's not enough time in the day, low calorie healthy meals that take 10-15 mins to prepare .
on 7 October 2013
The recipes I have tasted so far are easy to make and taste good. We particularly enjoyed the Cowboy Casserole. I found the instructions simple and easy to follow.
on 9 February 2013
5 weeks into my diet and was bored of the same old meals, plus with this freezing weather I was keen to use the slow cooker more. I was attracted to the idea of hearty stews and slow cooked meals but still with low calories and the list looked like there was plenty of variety. Tried 2 so far and both went down a treat with my hubby too (didn't tell him it was "diet"food") will definitely try more from this book.good value and great recipes!
on 24 July 2016
What a read, Not only is this book really easy to read, laid out well but explains everything exactly.
The recipes are really easy to follow with directions easily laid out and not too many words per instruction makes these easy to achieve and conduct for even the most cookery challenged person.
The ingredients are in foreign wordings so you have to pre plan each recipe and alter the product name if required and plan on where you can purchase them from.
The measurements are also in US i.e. cups but this is easily remedied by the purchase of a weighing cup or use of a kitchen cup as long as you use the same cup for the entire recipe.
The recipes are really tasty and actually do not make you feel that you are using natural ingredients even if you are not used to this amount of fruit or vegetables in your diet generally you will not feel like you are missing out and actually the further you go through the recipes you actually get used to them and start to find new flavourings from each of the components.. If you miss it for a few days it is like your body starts to crave the amount that you are actually ingesting… this is totally amazing that you get used to it so quickly. You also feel completely refreshed and “clean” inside out and the skin appearance well wow is all I can say.
Well overall if you are thinking of purchasing this book then go for it, I am so pleased that I did and now I am starting to feel confident enough to start altering the ingredients a little or removing some of the ingredients that I am not overly keen on.
Received this book in return for a frank and honest review.
on 29 August 2013
This has lots of recipes,clearly written and varied. It i good value and easier to store than just another hardback book
on 31 March 2015
They are great recipes and British for a change. YAY!!!
on 26 November 2015
A tasty selection of "lite" recipes for my new slow cooker, handily organised into meat sections and using commonly-found kitchen ingredients (book also reuses same items more than once, so you don't get left with random herbs you'll never use again). Happy family.
on 13 January 2014
quick prompt delivery. this book has a nice selection of calorie counted recipes that i will enjoy making. i am doing the fast diet twice a week so its nice to have other low cal recipes