on 26 July 2013
Amusing, full of interesting and useful hints, rather than being "shoved" at you; the useful hints & guidelines are "Suggested" with much humour and a real désire To try.....
2 people found this helpful
on 17 August 2013
Great little bundle of common sense , love the focus on making the most of what
you have instead of wishing you are something you can never be .Anecdotes of
health , lifestyle & confidence make for a more interesting woman than a 'diet bore'
Amusing observation by Irene & Jill starting with the line "there's always somebody
ready to adore your man" ..... Keep this in your handbag girls !
2 people found this helpful
on 10 April 2015
The growing old disgracefully!
on 23 July 2013
A bit boring to get into it, which has delayed reading it through. Didn't live up to my expectations. Perhaps I should reading it back to front!!!
on 27 July 2013
I loved this little book! I took it on holiday as a light and fluffy read hoping for a few fitness tips and got more than I bargained for. It was more of a witty and gritty philosophy than a fitness manual. There are home truths that most of us recognise and some life experience that is familiar. The authors seemed to have an insight into the older woman that most bums and tums fitness experts don't even get close to. The book inspired me to "think" more positively about my own well being and do something about it. Eating healthily rather than dieting, having fun with my freinds at Zumba, not worrying too much about how much I weigh and more about how I feel, which is great and getting better. It's about time there was a book that didn't just tell me to run or embarrass myself in the gym, but to have fun keeping fit. My confidence is growing and it's only been nine weeks since I came across this lovely book. I hope the writers do more.
3 people found this helpful
on 26 June 2013
Great insight, witty throughout and poignant in places. Its good to see somebody who isn't just trying promote a diet or tell me to buy fitness equipment. Its a health and well being book with a twist, it doesen't read like a health and fitness book! I loved it, hope the authors have got more.
4 people found this helpful
on 12 August 2013
A great holiday read, good sense of humour with sensible suggestions. I hope the author hurries up with the next book
One person found this helpful