on 24 March 2013
If Dale Carnegie was alive today I'm certain he would push his students towards Jennifer and ensure they read Personal Branding for Brits (and Scots!). What Jennifer achieves in this book is that she codifies the precise process to follow if you want to improve the way you first communicate with new people. It sounds so startlingly easy that when I first met Jennifer I wonder what she could possibly do for me, someone who had been blowing my own trumpet for twenty years. What she did was remarkable in that she helped me understand what my personal brand really is, how I should communicate this and critically to understand how my brand values would be recognised by others. The end results can be seen on my LinkedIn profile but more importantly this new understanding has brought with it new opportunities and for that I will be eternally grateful to Jennifer.
~
Buy the book, if you follow Jennifer's step-be-step approach I bet you'll be amazed at the results.
on 3 May 2017
I have recently finished reading this book. Thank you, Jennifer, for putting it together it was a comprehensive and informative read. The book helped me to clarify my thinking and has built my confidence, as a previous manager wanted the ramped up corporate me with no personality. I could never feel comfortable with this approach, and your book helped me to feel confident he had not got the right approach, for me!

I look forward to reading your blog and being further inspired.
on 3 April 2017
I really loved this book and I found it really inspired me to take action in my personal life and in my business, I managed to have a call with Jennifer personal and she is very helpful and humble. Buy this book if you want to improve your personal brand
on 11 March 2017
I loved it. Definitely gave me some stuff to think about. I feel more empowered and knowledgable. Would recommend to anyone
on 24 August 2017
I have read lots of books with similar content but this one is an easy, funny read, with some common sense suggestions. Would definitely recommend.
on 25 July 2017
How to blow your own trumpet without sounding as if you are? That's a very British problem which Jennifer Holloway tackles well. I particularly like the way she offers advice and then follows it up with examples.
on 22 July 2013
If you've ever wondered exactly what a personal brand is and all the elements that go into yours, this book is a must read. It is informative and peppered with the authors personal brand and I love Jennifer's no nonsense approach, honesty and personality. There are so many things to consider with your personal brand and this is essential reading to express yours.
on 16 March 2017
I liked the comprehensive content and guidance of present day communication option's also the insights of peoples behaviour in varying situation's
on 13 April 2017
Common sense dresses up as profound advice - peppered with annoying 'here's what I'm talking about ' subheading all the way through - wish I hadn't spent money on this - a limp handshake isn't good , don't wear Hawaiian shirt to board meeting, remember to smile yawn - want a refund
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 9 April 2013
Your Question - Really, 'Personal Branding For BRITS'? The Answer - Yes, really!

As a frequent traveller outside of the UK for business, one of the most unique and inspirational things which I miss about Britain when overseas, is in this book...

1) Only buy this book if you can handle the truth about yourself. The reality of why you haven't achieved the perfect career or business... or not yet.

2) Read this book if you would like to have people say great things about you (when you are not even there to hear them) and
most importantly,

3) Act on Jennifer's straight forward ideas to gift yourself the best possible chance of advancing your career or winning with your business.

Let me know if you don't discover the unique and inspirational British thing which I miss when I'm overseas as you read...