on 7 January 2013
I received this book as a Christmas gift and as soon as it arrived I sat down to begin reading it. The best part about the book is the insight that you gain from the interviews with each builder; their philosophies, their ideas, their stories.

The photography is quite good but much more on the arty side than the documentary style. That's OK but I would have preferred more pictures of the bikes too. Also, I found myself looking for the description alongside each photo to understand exactly what I was looking at. They don't exist in this book. That's a pity in my view.

On the whole though, I love this book and I wish that I had the money to go out and commission some frames from the builders that I liked most in the book.
4 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2016
Just fantastic, I cannot recommend it highly enough, it's a well presented book that's a pleasure to own. It has a good variety of frame builders ranging from relatively unknown to legendary. I bought it as a present, but I'm not sure I want to give it away anymore.
on 21 January 2014
My husband loved this book.
It's beautifully presented, full of information and apparently fascinating !
Expensive but well worth it for a bike fanatic !!
on 4 December 2015
Good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 21 February 2013
Bought this for our cycle crazy son. Beautiful book - he loved it - and even I as a non cyclist could understand his pleasure.
on 28 January 2013
Totally in love with this book-cant put it down. Every time I look at it, I learn some more-this is what I want to be
4 people found this helpful
on 1 July 2013
Superb: Nice stories, good insights and inside looks in the minds of great bike-builders. And a very good graphicly designed book!
One person found this helpful
on 1 April 2013
This is a great book for anyone interested in bike building. It has a lot of interesting information and the images are great.
2 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2013
I bought this book for my cycle- loving family.They are very pleased to read about the manufacturers and their innovations in
the days before the Chinese cornered the market.
on 11 February 2013
Great pictures, good interviews and a nice insight into the old and new artisans of cycle frame building in the UK