on 25 January 2013
I really liked this pocket book, it is clear and easy to understand without going into unnecessary detail. I liked the inspection checklist which is well referenced with the structural building defects section.
The checklist guides the reader through the key areas of the property which should be inspected and if a defect is found provides guidance on the likely causes and what to do next.
I would recommend this book to homeowners and anyone who would like to learn about common building defects.
It helped me and i will keep it handy for future reference. Nice size and good value too. Thanks.
on 3 December 2012
I purchased this neat little book sometime ago and have only just got around to posting a review.
After some six months of use and general reference, it is an appropriate time to reflect on the book.
I am a chartered structural engineer by background and can fully endorse this book for both professionals and the layman.
It is in a clear format, provides concise and accurate information on the types of defects one might encounter and best of all is excellent value.
As the book comes in a handy 'pocket' size format, it is also easy to carry around (as I do whilst surveying buildings as part of my day to day job). The same could not be said for other books of this type.

Overall, well written and constructed. I would therefore fully recommend this book.
on 3 December 2012
I found this pocket book very interesting and easy to understand and I have recommended it to my friends and colleagues, well done
on 30 October 2013
Having spent £350 on a 'homebuyers report' full of sententious waffle, and then another £450 on a structural engineer's report that took so long to be produce (4 pages) I made the decision (walk away now) without it, I would have to say this is very good value indeed. A lot of it is common sense, some seems so obvious you think you must have kbnown that already, but it is useful to have a concise summary. I keep it im my house-hunting bag with the camera and binoculars, torch and laser measure.
on 16 January 2015
I inspect properties for a living and some of the topics were quite informative
on 30 January 2015
Handy book to have with you on the go
on 22 February 2015
Its about the size of a cigarette packet and content is not good either. Not worth the money AT ALL.