on 13 December 2012
I've been a truffle fan for some time and was pleasantly surprised to discover that you could find truffles in the UK. I learned of this book shortly after and was delighted when it arrived in the post the other day. Early on in the book is useful information about truffles (the author uses dogs to find them) with the recipe section saved until the end. I was happy to see some step by step recipes to get my started before attempting the mighty Venison Wellington! There are deserts in book too which I am yet to brave, but do look enticing. The book is charming to read and well-presented. A good addition to the food connoisseurs' collection.
on 20 January 2013
I have no dog and as far as I know there are no truffles hereabouts - but I shall start looking. Loved the recipes - simply and well written and very tasty.
on 29 November 2012
Beautiful book that not only looks fab on the coffee table but is also packed with inspiration and great truffle cookery advice - a great Christmas present!!
on 28 April 2015
What a great book this is. I was expecting a tome full of information but, because of that, a rather dry read - who reads cookery books anyway! Instead I found a light, easy and amusing read which at times had me laughing out loud whilst still full of the essential information. Loved the illustrations too.
on 5 June 2014
Bought it for my husband as gave him a days truffle hunting course with our dog for his recent birthday. He should be able to give a better review after he has been on the course and hopefully started finding truffles so that I can then cook some of the recipes and review them.
on 26 November 2012
This book is "temporarily out of stock", so I haven't bought it yet. But thanks to your "look inside" and "surprise me" facilities, I have a good idea of what it's all about - so I'm buying a dog! As a truffle fanatic of long standing, I was particularly impressed by the imaginative, refreshingly well written and non-prescriptive, recipes. Off to the Deli now, to buy myself a sample truffle.
on 6 November 2015
A great book with easy to follow receipes, nice gift.