VINE VOICEHALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 October 2013
Katherine and Warwick are getting married - Oxford professor and romantic novelist in that order. But Katherine is having second thoughts. What's it going to be like sharing her life with someone else on a permanent basis? Will she lose her identity? One thing she is sure of they are both Jane Austen addicts so they will have plenty to talk about.

This book can be read as a standalone novel but it is also the fifth volume of the author's Austen Addicts series. Fans of the earlier volumes will love this latest instalment. The wedding takes place at Purley Hall - Dame Pamela's country residence and scene of many past Jane Austen conferences. Here are all the ingredients of a light hearted romance with added Austen literary references and glimpses of favourite series characters.

I enjoyed this book very much and it kept me smiling and at times shedding a tear at some of the scenes. It has the feel good factor and will cheer you up if you are feeling down. Great entertainment if you like light romantic novels.
on 17 November 2013
I was so excited when this book was released as I have been following the adventures of the Janeites from the very start. I have a huge soft spot for the gorgeous horse riding Dan (was he modelled on my boyfriend, I wonder?!) and I also have library envy when I read about Warwick and Katherine's collections. I don't think I'm giving too much away if I reveal this book is about Katherine and Warwick's own wedding and I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through. I actually completed the book during a flight to Tampa and I wasn't disappointed with the ending. As an Austen fan I loved the way the author weaves textual refereneces throughout the narrative and the plot! An lovely gentle read that Jane herself would have enjoyed.
on 28 September 2013
I usually roll my eyes when reviewers use the line "I devoured this book in one sitting" - but I did literally just devour this book in one sitting. I went for a Saturday afternoon "nap" and instead gobbled up this absolute treat of a book.

For all of you who have read the other four books in the "Austen Addicts" series, this is a must read- it stars a medley of all your favorite characters in the perfect setting of Purley Hall at a wedding to remember. This lovely novella is full of Victoria Connelley's usual warmth, life and Austenesque charm.

For those new to the "Austen Addicts" series, Happy Birthday, Mr Darcy is full of references to characters and moments in the previous books, so at the very least I'd advise reading "A Weekend With Mr Darcy" first, as it introduces the main characters. That said, being a massive fan of the whole series, why not use this as the perfect excuse to delve in from the beginning (if you are one of these lucky people discovering this series for the first time, I'm very jealous!)- here are the books in series order:

A Weekend With Mr Darcy
Dreaming of Mr Darcy / The Perfect Hero (same book- different title depending on where in the world you are!)
Mr Darcy Forever
Christmas With Mr Darcy
Happy Birthday, Mr Darcy

Enjoy discovering one of my favorite authors!
on 27 September 2013
I was hooked on the Austen Addicts after A Weekend With Mr Darcy. The characters are like old friends now and you feel as though you are there with them through their highs and lows. Although not a very long novel it doesn't disappoint and I am sure we will soon be able to read the continuing story of Katherine and Warwick after their big day. Thoroughly recommend this book and the others in the series too.
on 22 November 2013
great for all austen addicts romantic with heros and heroins great escapist reading would recommend all the books in this series but be sure to include the one,s on kindle as they complete the story
on 22 January 2014
albeit a short one! Its a great easy read and lovely to catch up with the characters again. I never tire of these books and will continue to buy them however I was a bit surprised that this one was so short. That said, I loved it!
on 21 January 2014
Who cannot fail to love Elizabeth Bennett and Mr Darcy spin offs. Victoria Connelly is good at writing in a similar style as Jane Austen to give authenticity but manages to keep it modern when script requires.

A good read!
VINE VOICEon 22 May 2014
Lovely story, lovely romance, lovely book, lovely reading experience.
Maybe not a very Austen-like way to review a book, but the bottom-line is - I found this a lovely read, so I thought I'd say so!
on 30 January 2016
I have read all of the Mr Darcy books and just love them, this is no exception, can't wait for the next one
on 12 January 2014
I try to read these Janite Style books since I am loathe to believe that there are no more originals. This one isn't too bad actually and I will finish it.

3 stars is deserved.