on 23 June 2015
Excellent, informative, well written (well it would be by an ex FT journalist) and above all useful. I bought it on Kindle because we travel a lot and there is a limit to the number of books you can carry with you from house to house! Just wish I could print off the recepies instead of having to laboriously copy them out by hand.
on 5 June 2013
I would recommend this book to everyone. It is a very helpful and useful book on the subject of our food. It explains, in reasonably simple terms, the types of foods we should be choosing, and why, in order to lead a healthy and, hopefully, cancer-free life. It contains some good, tasty recipes to help guide you as well as explaining the reasons behind making these choices.
on 26 April 2013
When you are going through the deeply transformational journey that comes with a cancer diagnosis, you need all the help you can get. This books helps. It is well researched, written in plain english and offers a way of eating that is healthy, beneficial and delicious. It's full of food and recipes that you intuitively know are good for you, supported by scientific evidence that helps you to understand why. Highly recommended.
on 31 December 2012
This is a really great book. The first part is honest and inspiring and the recipes are fabulous! I have tried about 20 of them & each one of them are winners. I was given the book as a present after my diagnosis & at first I thought the recipes looked cumbersome & too time consuming but I was very wrong! The recipes really work - and the cakes especially are fantastic! Green tea madeleines & financiers are ones you could serve to anyone! The use of cashews instead of cream & acacia honey instead of sugar and replacing flour with flax & almond are brilliant & they inspire you to really change your diet - an absolute necessity for most after diagnonsis. I would certainly give this book to other friends without cancer, and to friends with gluten or dairy intolerances but this is a GREAT book to receive immediately after diagnosis to help change your life around!
Zest for Life: The Mediterranean Anti-Cancer Diet
on 31 March 2016
Excellent book . The best I have read related to the Mediterranean diet. Clear, concise and motivating.
on 15 November 2012
Very pleased with this book. If you are looking for recipes that exclude dairy and most meat products but give great ideas for adding more vegetables to your diet then this book is for you. Only had this book a couple of weeks but have already used it a lot.
on 27 January 2016
This is an amazing book. It's recipes are fabulous, easy to follow and tasty. I bought it when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2013 and still enjoying now.
on 17 September 2014
Very interesting read and oodles of recommendations to get you started in the kitchen
on 23 September 2014
I love it there are so many tasty receipes and quick and easy to make
on 6 May 2014
An excellent source of inspiration if you have cancer or not. I would recommended it wholeheartedly. A very good read.