on 15 May 2017
Lots of great information.
on 18 February 2013
Seems to be an extended advert for their training system - not at all useful in helping me as a novice dog owner. really confusing structure, repetitive and not a good buy at any price.
on 19 February 2011
Everything you need to know and more. This book is so easy to understand and gives clear and easy to follow instructions with some humour thrown in. Would recommend this book to anyone who has or is thinking of getting a dog.
on 11 October 2011
What an amazing book. So clear and so full of useful information and help. Its very practical and I've found it easy to read and implement the advice given in order to modify my dog's 'unwanted' behaviour. I shall refer to it many times I'm sure. Thank you for a genuinely helpful book. I now have a happy dog and he has a happy owner. All is as it should be
on 10 October 2011
I bought this after meeting one of the pure dog listeners at a show. They weren't pushy, trying to sell their services or anything but I thought that what they had to say and their approach made sense to me.
I've had a dog for a couple of years now; she's generally been well behaved but I think there's always room for improvement - mainly on my part - having never had a dog before, I found myself thinking "I haven't got a clue what's going on in this little creature's head!". I feel that this easy to read book has some answers to what might be going on and since putting some of their ideas into action my dog seems more content and relaxed. I've recommended it to people since and thought it worth giving them a thumbs up on here too.
on 30 August 2011
Extremely helpful and informative. Easy to grasp, with plenty of practical examples and humour. I would recommend all dog owners read this, even if you discover, like myself, that your dog has you very well trained rather than the other way around! An absolute must if you are thinking of getting a dog so that you can understand him/her from the word go and avoid the pitfalls. Highly recommended read!
on 14 March 2011
after reading many books on dog behaviour, I was told about this book.
Fantastic read, answered many of my questions about dog behaviour and gave me more of an insight into why my dog behaves the way he does.
Having a fearful dog myself this booked helped me to understand "where he is coming from" and has given me hope for the future !
Well done and thanks to both the authors !
on 22 March 2011
This is a brilliant book that is written in plain english with a touch of humour. It is a sensible down to earth approach to handling dogs and their problems and it works. He has investigated dog behaviour for a long time, and being a police dog handler, has had a lot of experience. He tells you how to understand your dog as much as the dog has to understand you as you are the alpha dog and if your dog believes that then he will become your best well behaved friend for life. I have met the author of this book when he came to see our rescue dog with her many problems and i can 'hear' him talking as I read the book. I would highly recommend it.
on 25 July 2011
Excellent, well written and logical approach to understanding how dogs think and how to get the best from your own dog. There are plenty of self appointed dog experts out there, most of them waffle when it comes to explaining what you need to do. This book gives you all the information you need to succeed and tells you how, clearly, without being patronising and with a great dollop of humour.
on 7 May 2011
I had been looking for a book on dog behaviour and decided to purchase this one because the cover caught my eye! The book itself is witty and extremely easy to read, it covers all the areas that I had wanted to focus on and most importantly taught me lots of things about dogs that I did not know!! An absolute buy!