Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 October 2009
Having one son at uni already who I bought this book for, I can already say that it is a really useful book, packed with easy recipes. I've now sent my second son off to uni with the same book. All his friends are a tad envious as they think it's good too.

You can't go wrong.
on 30 October 2009
I bought a copy for both my son and his girlfriend when they left for uni in September. It has been very helpful to them both and is well used by all his fellow students in his halls. It has relieved me of the worry that he is living off of baked beans, so great peace of mind.
on 11 August 2014
I work in Spain and have been looking for a recipe book that's actually good that I can take on my kindle and isn't all oven cooking and this one certainly ticks all the boxes. I can't wait to get started cooking all of these wonderful recipes (especially the cheesecake)
on 21 April 2015
I like this book and its great for students - I bought it with my daughter in mind. I like the fact that as well as simple recipes, it also gives a list of basic utensils and cuts down the amount of equipment you need by using a mug to measure quantities of ingredients.
on 19 March 2015
Had this book bought for me when I left home, and it helped me so much I had to buy it for my little sister when she left home too! Brilliant book, love that there's a picture with every recipe, easy measuring instructions and little personal touches all the way through.
on 25 September 2014
A really good book for new uni students leaving home for the first time. I bought this for a friend and she loved the chapter which said something like, is it ok to eat this food having been in the fridge for two weeks or will I die? Great recipes, lovely photographs.
on 7 February 2010
Got this cookbook for Xmas
The squidgey choclate pudding is to die for! (you don't need vanilla extract and normal (not cooking chocolate) will do fine. The scotch pancakes are also declicious and so easy to make. Haven't made much else yet but im sure i will.
on 3 September 2015
I don't normally post reviews but this book is just so wonderful I thought I had to!! My daughter has no idea how to cook, she is leaving for Uni and this book is just ideal. I have also gone through it and marked quite a few receipes. Well worth the money!
on 15 February 2009
I purchased this book for my son who is a student at University. He has really found it very useful and created most of the recipes. He has taken to cooking and really enjoys sharing his meals with friends. I will purchase this book for my daughter too.
on 27 August 2010
I bought this book for 2 of my friends who were heading off to uni and I was very impressed. Lots of fun recipes and lovely appetising pictures. The only fault i ccould say is the cover, it looks very amateurish but Never judge a book by it's cover!!!