on 12 July 2014
Not as good as the Arsehole Jamboree, but still hilarious!
on 6 November 2010
The Christmas Rip-off Book exercises that clearly Mash perspective to satirise Sunday newspapers and glossy magazines with beautifully crafted features, reviews and advertisements poking fun at most aspects of contemporary life: if anything deserves to be targeted, you can be sure it will be lampooned here. It also features entirely new horoscopes, which are always a joy to read, and more misunderstandings of absolutely everything from the tireless researcher Poppy Spalding. This is comedy gold.
on 4 January 2011
Fabulous - as sharp and offensive as the website which is consistently the funniest site on the net - miles better than the Onion and other supposedly satirical or funny books and websites.I only wish Psychic Bob could do the horoscopes in all newspapers and magazines - much nearer the truth!
on 19 October 2010
Being a rabid Daily Mash fan, I've just read this cover to cover. Like any humourous product, it's not perfect but it is more than funny enough to warrant paying a tenner, even though there are items we've seen before.

For the uninitiated, I have two words of guidance: 'untermenschen' and 'schadenfreude'. This book (and the website, which is infinitely funnier than 'The Onion') is aimed squrely at those of us who not only understand the words but can also appreciate the comedy aspect of them in context.

So, sophisticated satirical humour with well-directed profanity. Like 'Private Eye' after it's been on the Stella.
55 Comments| 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2011
... but with added gutter humour. They'll be falling off their prayer mats at this one. Buy two - send one to your local Imam and burn the other one to even things up - sort of thing. Anyway, I'm doing this review before I've actually read it. So it might turn out to be quite good. Inshallah. Nice chick on the front.
on 24 October 2011
This is a really good piece of entertainment. Having been a long time reader of the website, I thought I would treat myself to this rip-off book and wasn't disappointed.

I would suggest that those thinking of buying this look at the daily mash website as if you don't find this funny you won't find the book funny. For the price you can't go wrong and it has made me laugh out loud a lot whilst at work, thus making the day more bearable.

Great work, I hope that I get the next book for Christmas.
on 1 February 2011
I bought two of these as presents and was reluctant to part with them both, definitely not a rip off at the price. I know you can read this online but you just pick it up and open anywhere and start laughing out loud straight away with no need for an internet connection. Well worth the money and make sure you read it before you wrap it up.

yours, Pete.
on 23 January 2011
Read Daily Mash each week. Have bought all the previous books and this one keeps up the high quality of this distorted un-PC humour which seems to be either missing or dis-allowed making the world a more serious miserable place.
on 4 February 2011
Having used the website for a long time I thought this would be a great present for a like-minded friend. Very similar to the website in terms of humour so check that out to see if it suits, and if so this book is for you.
on 12 November 2012
This would make a great gift for any fan of 'the mash'
The comedy is right up my street and the majority of the columns get a laugh.