TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 September 2013
The Final countdown is the last in the Holy Island trilogy, I was worried that Shelia Quigley would not be able to keep up the pace of the story, but boy was i wrong. The final countdown keeps you riveted from the first page as we catch up with characters from previous books. Shelia has managed to create characters the reader cares about Ian's you feel yourself "rooting" for them throughout I don't want to give to much away and spoil it for other readers but the final countdown answers all the questions to the previous 2 books and ties up loose ends in the process. The holy island trilogy was well thought out and does make you think about things that are going on in the world today and could there be more to it! Well written with great characters and a story that moves at breakneck speed, the final countdown is well worth a read. A word of warning though once I picked this book up I was unable to put it down and read it in just over a day. I for one am really looking forward to reading Sheila's next book, each book seems to be better than the last one if that is possible
on 23 June 2017
Ok, interesting story line but a bit too shallow for my taste. Need more detail.
on 25 March 2017
Just finished reading all three books in this trilogy. One word, unputdownable. Looking forward to reading more from Sheila Quigley.
on 5 October 2017
Took a while to get going, but was putting all the pieces of the story together...hope there is another chapter
on 11 August 2017
Excellent finish to a ripping trilogy
on 2 October 2013
Brilliant, read the whole trilogy you get to the end of one and you need to start the next one immediately.
on 22 August 2015
Happy with purchase thank you
on 17 January 2013
I was so excited, when on finishing reading Nowwhere Man - book 2 in the trilogy, I found this one -last in trilogy - was out on Kindle! I downloaded it last night, finished already as I could not put it down.

I cant say too much about the book as I really don't want to risk spoiling it for other readers. I loved the series, it started out as one thing and ended as something else. It was, like the previous two, fast and exciting and the twists and turns...........

Highly recommend the Series
on 9 August 2013
The final part of Sheila Quigley's page turning Holy Island Trilogy is a knockout. This high-octane thriller is the third to feature DI Mike Yorke, a decent but bull-headed copper who, along with a psychic street-waif known as Smiler, is embroiled in a bizarre murder case that involves kidnapped kids, a drugs factory, and `the families' - a sinister group that control the world. The story twists and turns like a corkscrew and races along at a breathless pace towards a dramatic conclusion but is also chock full of the sort of down-to-earth characters, gritty realism and humour that we've come to expect from Sheila Quigley - the Queen of Brit Grit.
on 6 February 2013
This series of 3 books based in the north of England is addictive from book one.
On finishing the first book I downloaded the next two and immersed myself in excellent writing, great story telling.
Well written and held together by the brilliant Shiela Quigley she never lets the pace slip
Believable characters that mature within the series.
I would recommend the series.
Start at book one as the books are not stand alone reads in my opinion.