Customer reviews

on 28 May 2012
The Framework for Enterprise Data Architecture, 2nd Edition, by Andy Graham is a valuable read for any data professional. This book expresses its concepts in easy to read English prose without having to read through paragraphs of waffle.

The book maps the Silk Road, Figure 36, ending at Damascus. Whilst I didn't experience any `Road to Damascus' revelations when reading this book; it is packed with important and useful material.

Ralf Kimball still gets a mention on page 44 in the 2nd Edition as he did in the 1st version. I assume this is the German cousin of Ralph Kimball.

The material contained within this book is worth £22 of any data professional's money.
on 1 June 2013
The book provides a useful discussion of data architecture and some basic ideas. It is rather based on the author's own experience than a wider review of the topic, so I was expecting more. For me it was rather superficial.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 May 2016
Great book for me, I know a bit about this subject but not much and I needed a good, comprehensive summary which this book does very well.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 28 April 2011
I found this book easy to read and understandable. I liked the no-nonsense style the author has chosen, with the occasional quotes, which makes it not only an informative, but also an enjoyable read. It's less about Data Modelling, instead, as the title already suggests, more about the framework as such.
Recommendable.
VINE VOICEon 29 January 2013
I could illustrate how lamentably bad this book was by telling you that I read it in a day and learnt nothing; that it is 130 pages long, but rather than being a distillation of all that is really important to know about Enterprise Data Models it is still full of padding and waffle and 100 of the pages could be chopped; or that it rehashes tired old mantras like Data-Information-Knowledge-Wisdom or the Quality, Time, Cost triangle.

But I won't do that. I'll simply put this question to you.

Do you really think you can learn anything from an author who has no idea how to use a possessive apostrophe? (I wouldn't care, but this is the second edition and one of the reasons given for updating the first edition is to correct grammatical errors)