on 17 November 2010
I work with Professional athletes and come across similar books and DVDs regularly. Many get 'filed appropriately'. This is not one of those.
This is no 'Positive thinking' self help book. This is a tool that can be used
Chris' book has changed the game as far as i'm concerned.

He has written it in such a way that the thoroughly researched and often detailed information can be read and absorbed easily.
His personal character and wit shines through, which only makes reading easier still.
Each statement is backed by relevant research. No outlandish claims are made.
The little summaries at the end of each chapter are a great touch too to be honest, really helped me assimilate all the information.

The bottom line though is that Chris has given solid solutions to issues that may be present in your life and has done so in such a way that the reader actually has a solid structure to work with.
Buy this book. You will not be disappointed.
22 Comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 December 2010
If you have hesitated about buying a self improvement book, or not been sure which of the many to choose, I highly recommend this as the one to buy.

The information is tightly backed by scientific evidence as well as personal experience so you feel assured that the tools you are given are effective and far from fluffy. To not be aware of the power of your beliefs and subconcious mind would be extremely limiting to your life experience so I think it is incredibly important that this information be widely known so people can achieve higher potential and much more happiness in their lives. This book tells you exactly how to do this - it is incredibly interesting but also practical with clear guidelines that you can use to make a substantial change to your life, all for the better.

I read this book from cover to cover in just two sittings and finished feeling very positive, excited and enthusiastic about my future.
on 1 November 2010
This book has such profound information and is a very inspiring and empowering read. Whilst i think most people would say belief is important, i didnt realise just how important our beliefs are until reading this book. It also gave me a new understanding on what the mind is and how powerful our consciousness is. This book is so rich with information and has 5 very powerful techniques. You also get the brain-mind-body optimisation system MP3 downloads from the authors website which are amazing and put me into a deep state of relaxation. This is a five star book all the way.
on 19 November 2010
YOU MUST BUY THIS BOOK!!! I've already read this book twice and I use the belief change process almost every single day. I don't think anyone can really say that their current set of beliefs, formed by the age of 6, is completely up to date and serving them optimally in their lives?! I know that when I took Chris's Mind-Body Belief Change Workshop and implemented some of the strategies clearly explained in his book, my life took a major swing for the better! By updating my negative and self-sabotaging beliefs, I now manifest more easily and attempt things I would in the past not have considered doing, limited by crippling fear. The book is nicely balanced between easy to understand cutting edge new science and practical easy to use techniques that you can use straight away. I would highly recommend this book - I know what all my friends are getting for Christmas!!! Happy reading and enjoy your new life!
on 21 November 2010
This book is a wonderfully refreshing look at the power of personal transformation, that process which can make your life a whole lot better and takes just willpower and desire - both of which are utterly free and can be accessed at any time!

Chris Walton, an expert in the fields of both mental and physical excellence, offers a simple to read yet profound book full of clear, intended wisdom along with an easy blueprint for HOW to actually perform the changes you need to make.

The opening chapters offer a wealth of information on the theory of belief systems, making the principles displayed easier to understand by the use of real stories and experiences. These early chapters REALLY punch the message home!

The later chapters offer the reader plenty of 'how', laying-out many practical exercises for you to perform on your journey to changing yourself for the better. There are a host of diagrams and pictures to help the reader understand what is being explained.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who wants a good look at the WHAT, WHY and HOW of recognising limiting beliefs, and then kicking them into touch to make a better you...

Don't delay!!!
on 2 November 2010
I have read hundreds of personal development books, but this one surely stands out from the rest. It combines the latest insights into mind-body science with practical exercises that 100% work!!! I used these exercises to achieve improvements in my personal and professional life with astonishing results. The mp3 files provided are also amazing. This book is a small investment in personal development that can provide incredible returns. I strongly recommend this book to anyone who wants to take a control of their life and make most of it.
on 28 November 2010
Chris has managed to do something incredible with his book -- he's written a personal development book that's a real page turner!!! I've bought plenty of books relating to personal development, many of which are sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me to finish reading them. Not so with Chris's book - I found myself getting to the end of each chapter and craving to know more. In addition, he features some very powerful techniques that I'd never come across before, and they are extremely effective. Buy this book and you might find you don't buy another personal development book for a long time!
on 18 November 2010
I came across this book through a friend of a friend. I'm really glad that I did. Three things about this book surprised me.

One - it seemed like a reminder of something I should know but have either forgotten or chosen to ignore. In a society where we spend so much of our time virtually connected to others - it's a healthy reminder to pay attention to yourself and understand how you're perceiving the world around you.

Two - there is really compelling and interesting science presented in this book PLUS it's done in a way that is relevant and easy to digest. The author's personal anecdotes bring the information to life and make it even more accessible.

Three - I enjoyed it and it felt easy and natural to apply some of the ideas in my life. While reading this book, I started thinking about my choices / responses in a different way and uncovering beliefs I hadn't realized I held. It will be interesting to see what happens as I continue to put the techniques into practice....
on 3 November 2010
As an author myself ("Vital Conversations" Making the impossible conversation possible) I have high expecations around what makes a great book. Incredible You worked for me on several levels. The content is well researched and constructed and the advice given makes sense and has been of real benefit to me. The book is well organised and user friendly to the reader, not just page upon page of text that make so many books a marathon of endurance to get through. Finally the author has a breezy style which makes a quite complex subject easy to digest, and therefore its one of those rare books that I read from cover to cover. I have read over 150 books in the self development arena and this one definitely makes my top ten.
on 5 November 2010
I've read a lot of books about self-development, manifestation, and the like, and this one is at the top of my list because it focuses on coherence and intergration of the self, which is a key to creating the life you want. By teaching us how to integrate our subconscious beliefs with our conscious desires, in a technique that takes only minutes, Chris Walton has provided us with a deeply transformative method for making lasting changes in our lives. The key word here is "lasting" changes, not just temporary improvements. Positive affirmations and focused intention are not enough to change "reality" if our inner reality is in conflict. Walton shows us how to access hidden self-sabotaging beliefs and integrate ourselves to make amazing shifts that can help us and our lives become truly incredible. Plus, the science is there, as are the personal stories. This book is an engaging read, with inspiration to be found on nearly every page. If you are serious about finally living up to your potential in every aspect of your life, then I urge you to get this book and use the techniques.