on 21 January 2012
I only started to ski three years ago at the age of 48. An instructor once told me that 70% of skiing was confidence - an ingredient I was severely lacking. My ultimate aim was to ski blues with confidence and an easy red if I really had to. Before I went skiing earlier this month I bought this book, not really expecting significant results. I was wrong. I don't know how it worked but it did. I found myself going gung ho down steep blues and taking on red runs not knowing whether they were easy or hard - I literally just 'went for it'. Having this attitude made for a fantastic holiday with no tears...

I would urge anyone who is a nervous skier, lacks confidence or wants to up their game to give this book a whirl!

Skiing without Fear - for Beginners, Intermediates and Experts: How to Overcome Your Fears, Build Your Confidence, and Improve Your Skiing Through NLP, Visualisation and Hypnosis
on 11 February 2013
I had only been skiing once before and didn't have much confidence - especially around chairlifts and my general ability. I read this book before my second trip skiing and the difference was amazing. Doing the exercises really worked for me and I skied down blue slopes that I would never have thought possible beforehand. I learned to stop comparing myself to everyone else and also the affirmation exercises were very good. Would highly recommend this book. It certainly worked for me.
on 27 April 2013
I have skied fr years but always struggled with confidence. This has really helped me and worked on my first trip after using it. Thankyou.
on 25 May 2015
Excellent book for anyone who is a nervous skier. Lots of information and exercises to help overcome nerves. Advisable to read before each skiing holiday. Have recommended it to friends who are also plagued by nerves. The book makes you aware that most fear is actually brought on by yourself thinking negatively about things that could happen, rather then telling yourself that 'yes I can do this'. Would recommend doing all of the exercises as advised in the book for the best results.
Thank you Leighton for this book - it is a valuable read!
on 1 December 2013
This book is a must for any skier that is frightened . It gives you the tools to overcome fear
on 8 November 2015
I am absolutely fascinated by this book. I am a ski instructor and find it fantastic tool while dealing with frightened customers.
I also found it very helpful on one of the instructor courses i did myself.
My copy is all marked and highlighted and every winter I keep coming back to it and discovering new things.
Thank you so much for writing and publishing it.
I can not wait for the winter again and part of this excitement is that i want to use more and more of these exercises.
on 26 January 2015
used just before going skiing to whistler this last 2 weeks, really helped and was reading again whilst there
great - now able to work on the important points made in the book to recreate good trigger points
definitely recommend
thanks!
on 6 April 2016
As a nervous skier this book has really helped me with tools to develop confidence would certainly recommend
on 25 April 2015
Excellent book, some really good exercises to help overcome skiing nerves.
on 20 February 2016