Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now flip flip flip Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop now Learn more

on 5 December 2015
Learning with joy! How do I express the feelings I have for this DVD!? I have the warmest smile with joy and radiance. In the smile there is much respect, for it is so deep and there is so much to learn. In the smile there is astonishment, as it shows it is so easy to learn, in fact it is almost fun to learn. In the smile there is also joy, for I am so very lucky to have this dvd to guide me. And in the smile there is also confidence, with the teaching showing I am so sure I can manage to learn all of the exercises. Last but not least in the smile there is appreciation, for I am definitely leaving my bad asthma breathing behind. So far in two weeks I have only done up to exercise 8 of 40 and I am already feeling so full of oxygen in me, the flow of air is so beautiful! Bliss!
One person found this helpful
on 27 June 2012
This is an excellent DVD set covering a range of 40 breathing exercises (some with subsets). It starts simply and gradually progresses to more complex exercises. The author takes care to stress the safest way to practise them and also gives a list of contraindications for each one. The DVDs are intended as a course so you can move through the exercises at your own pace (I completed it in about 3 months and now practice the ones which are most useful to me on a daily basis). I have used breathing exercises in the past and this is the best guide that I have found. It also has the advantage that you can email the author if you need any extra guidance or clarification. I would recommend getting the accompanying book as this gives further background to the exercises and pranayama in general.

I feel healthier and have more energy and positivity as a result of doing the exercises regularly and would unreservedly recommend them to anyone thinking of taking up pranayama.
3 people found this helpful
on 22 August 2011
I purchased this box set about two months ago and I have to say it is still a joy to pick up and put aside some time to play it and breathe! There must be hours and hours of instruction on this DVD but its not all waffle, its Matt smilingly and vitally taking you through each exercise. I've started taking classes with Matt and find him such an easy guy to get on with and to take instruction from: he has a smiley, warm personality that brightens my practice anyway... This is also reflected on these DVDS: no pretention (which is refreshing) -just a teacher who loves breathing (well) passing on his findings.
The DVDS carefully give you the contraindications and the benefits at the start of each sequence.
Matt has also responded happily and, sometimes at length, to my questions on individual exercises on these DVDs via his website pranasana- and after his classes. That is true yoga if you ask me: yoga beyond the business card as it were....
Lastly, you have pranayama here for a life time of quiet exploration. Two months on- I've only scratched the surface of possibilities and exercises in the set.
6 people found this helpful
on 8 September 2011
Dear Matt

I wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your book and DVD How to Breathe. I love the way you have incorporated the science of breathing and anatomy into the text to show how everything connects. I was amazed at how I felt after doing the breathing exercises. It's astounding how much can change just by changing one's breathing. Thank you for writing such a lovely book filled with life changing exercises and infused with your wisdom and your wonderful sense of humour.

With love and gratitude,