Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 August 2013
This is a history of the Afro Comb, a tool which has been used by African people since the earliest times. It contains a number of excellent illustrations and I was surprised at the number of things I learned about the comb I had been using for years!

It is certainly a pleasant read and I would recommend this excellent book which will appeal to young and old alike.
on 4 July 2013
As an adult I enjoyed reading this book, it was clearly written and I really loved the illustrations. As the cover says the book takes you on a journey which traces from when the first afro combs were found to today. It's quite interactive with quizzes to do and if you were to sit down and read through it with you child you would both enjoy it.
I actually learnt a few things and really enjoyed seeing the photographs of the ancient combs. I even found myself feeling sad when the book spoke about Benin being destroyed. I would recommend it and will be purchasing a second copy to give to my niece.
on 7 August 2013
I really enjoyed Secrets of the Afro Comb and intend to purchase it for my young cousin. This is a children's book but any person young or old looking to gain a better understanding of not only Black history in particular, but also topics such as religion, trade and even sports will love this book in my opinion.

The `When Did It Happen' timelines included throughout are concise and informative, and a great additional resource. This book is so well done that you almost don't realize how much deep, valuable information it contains on important historical and world events, because it is so clear and simple to read.
on 3 October 2013
Not at all for collectors and art lovers. It is eally a naive attempt to adress this fascinating topic and ismaybe something for a child to learn about combs.