on 10 May 2011
really enjoyed this book and the follow up
i happen to be a nottingham derby fan so ive learnt to laugh about how crap we are
you have to laugh or else you'll cry haha
when is the third book coming out ,surely you have enough in your journals now edgar
let me know man
on 6 August 2014
Honest and Comical at times !
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 13 February 2013
I bought this as it was cheap and i thought itd be a good read with plenty of comedy. Worst team in history
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 5 February 2009
When I first heard about this book, I thought that reliving Derby's nightmarish season in the Premier League was the last thing I wanted to do. However I like the ramspace website (it was those guys who wrote it), so I thought I'd give it a go.

In simple terms, this book is hilarious. The concept is that it's a fans journal as apposed to the usual game by game season review. There's no match reports, but there's plenty of stuff around trying to work out which Derby player drives the Hummer parked at Pride Park on match days (it was Rob Earnshaw!), sightings of David Jones in Sainsburys, a mate of the author appearing as a featured fan in MOTD2, dealing with Forest fans in a work environment, Derby anecdotes from all manner of media, Steven Bywaters penchant for kick boxing, text messages received around certain events in Derbys season and even a trip to the NUTS football awards.

The book is presented in a month by month journal and is very easy to dip in and out of. However when I started reading it, I couldn't put it down!

There's no doubt that the book is very esoteric to Derby County & a lot of the jokes will mean more to Rams fans than anyone else. However it also stands as an excellent example of how any group of friends, who support the same team, interact throughout the course of a season.

Overall this book is a very easy, funny and entertaining read and provides a nice anecdote to the constant stream of "best of...", "top 100...." Rams books on the market.
on 22 April 2011
I am a Derby fan and used to us being, well, not very good. The fact that during the 2007/8 season we were 'the worst team in history' is something I am reminded of most days at work (I suppose I did choose to live and work in Nottingham). My feelings were very much like the author as I went through feelings of hope and anticipation, which soon became the thought that things will get better soon and ended up at just plain old resignation. This book captures the season from a fans viewpoint in an accurate, considered and humorous way. I'd recommend it to all football fans (it could be your team next!) as well as Derby fans. As soon as I finished it I brought the following seasons version - Who's Pereplotkins?