Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 12 May 2011
I couldn't put this book down .. It definatly opened a door for me ... the Author and her family give great examples of an unschooling life ... it made me and it will definatly make you think about your own schooling and really look at what its value was, and most definatly its value today. If you are a type of peson that likes to question everything and not except what the government tell us we need! then this is the book for you.
on 12 February 2011
This book is interesting and thought-provoking. I read it to learn more about home educating, and came away less keen on the idea of autonomous learning. Nothing against the author or her family, but I found it all a bit too self-righteous, especially on matters such as vaccinating and visiting the doctor (or not, as the case was) when your child is bitten by a dog. The book itself can be a bit hard to follow as it is partially separated into seasons, partially based on the author's past, and also has chapters written by the author's family.

All in all, this was a book that definitely made me think more about the pros and cons of home educating.
on 18 May 2016
This is such a wonderful and inspiring book full of love and wisdom!! As we embark on our own unschooling journey, it is so good to hear how it has worked for this lovely family. It all resonates so perfectly with me which makes it even more fantastic to read. Thank you for putting your life stories in this amazing book.