Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 18 May 2017
Money for old rope has set in. After his first superb book, and reasonably good sequel, Chris is now mining a much-diminished seam. Perhaps sailors will like this story of "here I go again - I'm so unprepared and silly"?.
But his stories are now a shadow of their former self - I recommend rereading Driving over lemons instead or listening to it as an audiobook. But don't bother with this.
on 12 July 2017
For me this was an unexpected walk down memory lane ! I also learned to sail in the 80s under the watchful eye of Tom Cunliffe. I will never forget him for the love of the sea which he gave to me, simply inspirational ! The book was witty and well written a great read for seagoing people and for those who are adventurous in spirit.
on 17 March 2017
I like Chris's tales about his life and what he's done in it. I have read about the farm in Spain which was really interesting to see how it's evolved over the last 20 years
on 23 June 2017
excellent condition, speedy delivery and fantastic author. These memoirs are beautifully written. Best find for me this year. I would recommend
on 11 May 2017
I had enjoyed two previous books but feel this is just a little bit of a make do job. The chapter consisting of Edward Lear`s poem as a example. Plus the repeated interview at the end of this and the other two books.
on 17 June 2017
Perhaps not his best book but Chris Stewart writes with a wonderfully innocent style which easily conjures pictures and shares a sense of warmth and humour. I find it hard to put down when I start with one of his books. As a sailor I felt his pain, joy, frustration and wonderment.
on 28 April 2017
Great!
on 12 January 2017
Loved it
on 26 July 2017
A very good read. I enjoyed the driving over lemons trilogy. This was easy to read and enjoyable. It came as described
on 13 March 2017
More books please as just love to read them . Inspiring and makes me want to do more myself. Vg