Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 December 2014
More delightful episodes from a farm in the Alpujarros. I enjoyed this as much as the two earlier books. I have read quite a few series of this type, recounting the adventures of Brits who move to the sun, and in many cases, the later books seem to be just sold on the back of the first one, often just rehashed material or padded out with less interesting accounts. This is not the case with Chris Stewart - he has held my interest throughout, with the same charm, sincerity and sense of humour.
on 12 November 2014
I love the way Chris describes his environment, his family, his experiences and his travels. I have only reached the halfway mark through the book- partly because I do not want to reach the end. My wife and I owned a bungalow in Spain for nine years and visited Chris's area several times so I know quite well the region but without the beautiful detail which he describes. And I must add that we also "Drove over lemons". These books are beautiful and I recommend them to everyone.
on 23 May 2017
I have enjoyed all the books in this series of a more leisurely lifestyle in the south of Spain. It highlights the idiosyncrasies of people, whether they be British of European, and really shows how alike we are.
on 5 July 2017
This book was a bit more dis-jointed than the first two books, with a feeling of being a collection of stories that had been excluded from those books. Nonetheless, it was very enjoyable and have downloaded the next two books. I can't wait to go on my holiday to Cadiz next year, although my Spanish work colleague who is from Granada, keeps trying to persuade me to change my plans and go to the Granada region. Having read Chris's books, I am tempted.
on 22 December 2014
I moved to Andalucia some years ago and every body was raving about Driving Over Lemons, which I read and enjoyed. Then I read the next book, Parrot In A Pepper Tree and I was a bit disappointed. A friend of mine who lives near Chris, in Torvizcon and his ex wife, who also lives nearby, in Orgiva, both said that I should read this book. I am so glad that I did, it's delightful.
on 1 May 2017
I have read most of Chris's books and found them very entertaining. He is a very adventurous man and takes on many challenges, very impressive.
on 10 July 2017
Chris Stewart is completely without affectation, his writing involves the reader from the start and always manages to maintain a good level of involvement . I've loved reading his four book "trilogy" and have enjoyed his developing relationships with his neighbours over the years. I hope this isn't the last we hear from him.
on 16 October 2013
This is the third in Chris Stewart's trilogy of books about his adventures in Andalucia and just as good as the two previous best-sellers, driving Over Lemons and A Parrot in the Pepper Tree. The author captures the very essence of this region of Spain and proves that he is a natural story-teller with yet another brilliantly observed piece of humourous writing. This book is a must for all who love adventure and a special treat for all who love this region of Spain.
on 13 April 2017
Loved this book as much as the first two, I really feel like I have followed Chris,Anna and Chloes lives over the past 18 years.
on 8 April 2017
Good wee read again though not quite as interesting untill the last couple of chapters but still inspires me to move across .