on 21 July 2010
I purchased this book for my partner who is a fierce support of the British Car Industry - past and present. He thoroughly enjoyed the book, not without humourous scribing and written in an informative but not too formal style. It was a good read I am told, and is recommended for the petrol head of the family, perhaps for the more mature reader rather than the boy racers. Well worth reading
on 10 December 2012
James Ruppert has approached the disaster of the British car industry from a clever and entertaining angle - that of a perceptive buyer with a car-mad son, who happens to really know his stuff. The deaths, births and marriges for each period take us down long forgotten byways into the fog and confusion of desperate product development by tunnel-visioned manufacturers in the face of focussed, efficient and ever-improving opposition to their monopoly of the UK market. A thoroughly enjoyable book - wholeheartedly recommended.
on 16 January 2016
Great read this, has an excellent humour mixed in and thoroughly covers the industry. Easy read and hugely ironic in some parts
on 12 November 2010
This is a great read if you're a fan of British Cars and curious about how it all went so wrong
on 17 May 2013
Memory lane in cars just great, A lot of these cars I have owned even a 1975 brown Audi 100 !!
on 3 May 2015
THIS BOOK SOUND JUST UP MY STREET BUT I HAVE BEEN PUT OFF PURCHASING IT BECAUSE OF NEGATIVE COMMENTS REGARDING TYPOS.
IS IT POSSSIBLE TO FIND OUT IF ANOTHER EDITION MAY BECOME AVAILEABLE WITH THE ERRORS CORRECTED
on 30 May 2010
I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this book from a dear relation of mine, as a gift. I, myself was not a car fan and had very little knowledge on the topic. But after reading this book I am like a different person. This incredible book opened my eyes up to the amazing history of the car industry. With the authors personal stories and witty humour I struggled to put the book down. This book is a must buy for everyone, whether they have an interest in the car industry or not. It was a thrilling read and I cannot wait to read another of Mr Ruppert's amazing books. (by Monica G)