Customer reviews

on 6 May 2017
I have reread this book several times but still can't absorb the information over the past 1-2 years. I wonder whether it's the writing style or whether because my Chiron is in the 12th house, making any content on Chiron inaccessible to me. Clearly, Reinhart is one of the foremost authorities in Chiron but sadly I just can't seem to avail myself of the insights of this book. I will read this book again in a few year's time when I have developed even more from my astrological journey. Or I might try a book on Chiron by another author - Barbara Clow which may be easier for me.
on 22 September 2017
I love this work an excellent book on Chiron the wounded healer. Melanie really resonates with me.
on 5 May 2011
I haven't even finished this book yet but felt compelled to write a review - which I rarely do. This is a book that has really helped me to understand myself and the things that have happened to me. I have Chiron as the handle in a stellium in my natal chart so the story of the wounded healer has been of great importance in my life. So many of the insights in this book hit home for me and I'm not an astrologer but I do find it fascinating and have found everything relatively easy to understand so far. This is a book that I will come back to again and again to make sense of things.
on 14 April 2010
This updated version of her 1989 book has been well worth waiting for.I went to a seminar of hers last weekend on Chiron and came away with all sorts of deep insights and ideas which had never occurred to me before,despite being a psychological astrologer for 20 years.
Although the label "Chiron-the Wounded Healer" still sticks,there are so many new ways to understand this first Centaur of the Kuiper Belt,all of them now based on the Melanie's wise and inspired distillation of lived experience (both hers and her many clients and students ).
Melanie points out that everything has a Chiron Return aged 50/51-an event or a person.It's only when Chiron has transited our birth chart once and conjuncted every planet at age 50 that we reprise our literal birth from the womb and our lived experience since birth at a profound psychological and spiritual level.Perhaps that's when Chironic poison and pain becomes our medicine.
This new book is extremely practical as it looks at Chiron in the Signs and House with new and expanded material on Chiron themes and transits.If you are an astrologer,this is a must.If you are at al interested in psycho-spiritual development,buy it.
on 21 July 2011
read the first edition a few years ago, and so was keen to see what additions were in this edition.
An excellent read and jammed packed with detail and references.
on 25 April 2010
Melanie Reinhart is an astounding astrologer, richly knowledgeable and deeply intuitive. This completely new edition is a truly Great Work, matching astrological insight with depth and height psychology and a meaningful exploration of the significance of Chiron in the modern world.

One of Reinhart's great gifts is drawing the reader into deep discussions of profound astrology where the meaning transcends any need for prior knowledge of the subject.

If you know the previous edition of this book you'll definitely want this update; if you don't, then you're in for a treat.
on 27 September 2016
An excellent book and extremely detailed info - not for the novice or for a general overview of Chiron.
on 27 July 2014
Contains an incredible amount of information on the subject. Lots of background to read. Some information I have found difficult to assimilate so there is quite a bit of re reading to be done! Other parts, I have found easier. A book with a thougher knowledge of Chiron.
on 27 February 2013
Melanie is a. Brilliant writer and her work is well know I trust her truths and written word. If you like astrology read this book
on 5 December 2016